By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kotaku: Installing Xbox One Games Takes Way Too Long

Arcturus said:

I'm getting about 20 seconds with my PS4. From standby, I start up my PS4. PS logo displays, then the health the safety warning displays, then I'm automatically logged in.

Not sure how you get it to boot in 5 seconds.

No PS logo if I remember... I will try again... it just popup to the XMB... no Health and Safety warning for sure...

You are using cold boot.

I will make a video.

Around the Network

Yeah I looked around and figured out what was up. If your PS4 is doing something in standby like downloading, it resumes in 4 seconds. If it's just doing nothing, it's similar to a cold boot.

ethomaz said:

Arcturus said:

I'm getting about 20 seconds with my PS4. From standby, I start up my PS4. PS logo displays, then the health the safety warning displays, then I'm automatically logged in.

Not sure how you get it to boot in 5 seconds.

No PS logo if I remember... I will try again... it just popup to the XMB... no Health and Safety warning for sure...

You are using cold boot.

I will make a video.

I'm selecting 'Enter Standby Mode'. My PS4 has glows orange when it is in Standby mode. When I turn off the PS4, the light is off.

What options do you have selected for Standby mode?

Arcturus said:

I'm selecting 'Enter Standby Mode'. My PS4 has glows orange when it is in Standby mode. When I turn off the PS4, the light is off.

All options.

JoeTheBro said:
Yeah I looked around and figured out what was up. If your PS4 is doing something in standby like downloading, it resumes in 4 seconds. If it's just doing nothing, it's similar to a cold boot.

Interesting... I will try to make more test... maybe I'm downloading something in background.

BTW my Cold Boot is ~15 seconds... it didn't waste 20 seconds or more.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Arcturus said:

All options.

I have all options selected as well. I'm getting the same boot up time, whether the PS4 is completely off or it's in standby mode. Very weird.

As I mentioned before, it seems that some people are experiencing 15-20 second boot from standby, and some are experiencing a 5 second boot from standby.

Installing is fantastic on the PS4.

Yesterday I had to delete my Assassin's Creed 4 game data to see if the install was causing my graphical errors (It was my HDMI port on the TV...).

I was great that it took all of 3 seconds to delete it all and then only ~30 seconds to install to the point where I could boot the game back up again.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

5-15/20 seconds doesnt really matter, that is like nothing. Having to wait 10 minutes for an install is longer than it takes to get high. That would be frustrating, but atleast its only the first time you play it. Or for down the road after you deleted it to make room on the tiny ass HD, but wanted to play it out of the blue.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Arcturus said:

I have all options selected as well. I'm getting the same boot up time, whether the PS4 is completely off or it's in standby mode. Very weird.

As I mentioned before, it seems that some people are experiencing 15-20 second boot from standby, and some are experiencing a 5 second boot from standby.

@JoeTheBro  made a good observation... you tried the Standby while the PS4 is downloading some thing? I'm donwload all the F2P games right now so I will need some time to test without nothing happening in background.

I think the PS4 installs a small part of the game for you to play. When I played FIFA 14, it gave me a Barcelona vs Real Madrid match pretty much straight away. I guess it was installing the rest of the game whilst that was going on.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.