By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 47 ( Nov. 18 - Nov. 24 ) Bomba everywhere!!

Aerys said:
PS4 is not Wii U

Ummmmmm X1 is not a X360?  Vita is not a 3DS? Im confused *.O

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Boutros said:
The simple promise of FFXV, KH3 and MGSV already locks the success of the PS4 (for a console in Japan).

Just like 2D Mario, Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter, much bigger franchises, locked the one for Wii U.

Not the same -.-

Dragon Quest X is a MMO that already released on the Wii a year prior and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is an HD version of a game that is on the 3DS and that was already an enhanced port of a Wii game.

I guess 2D Mario alone wasn't meaningful enough to have any significant impact.

the_dengle said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Pavolink said:
Boutros said:
The simple promise of FFXV, KH3 and MGSV already locks the success of the PS4 (for a console in Japan).

Just like 2D Mario, Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter, much bigger franchises, locked the one for Wii U.

If Wii U had received the next mainline entries of these series exclusively you'd have a point. 

FFXV, KH3, and especially MGSV aren't exclusive either.

Please.

Boutros said:
the_dengle said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Pavolink said:
Boutros said:

If Wii U had received the next mainline entries of these series exclusively you'd have a point. 

Please.

MGSV is on PS3 as well.

the_dengle said:
Sal.Paradise said:

It may as well be.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Aerys said:
PS4 is not Wii U

Yes, this is as simple as that

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
tbone51 said:
Aerys said:
PS4 is not Wii U

Yes, this is as simple as that

I just learnt something new :P

Boutros said:
Pavolink said:
Boutros said:

Not the same -.-

Dragon Quest X is a MMO that already released on the Wii a year prior and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is an HD version of a game that is on the 3DS and that was already an enhanced port of a Wii game.

I guess 2D Mario alone wasn't meaningful enough to have any significant impact.

If the console have, even those ports, it would have created a perception that the future installments will be there, on the console. It was impossible to have an exclusive MH or DQ if the former was released months after launch on 3DS and the later just launched on Wii.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

What did you guys expected? Mario is no console saviour. It can be the best Mario in the history of Gaming and still... It wouldn't save the Wii U. Smash could have been a system seller but It's coming for the 3DS too so yeah, i'll be gettin that one instead of a Wii U (Dumb move by nintendo if they still care for the wii u.) Zelda can be a system seller... Or Metroid. This generation will be all about hardcore gamers... And Nintendo needs to get its shit together, I had to play A Link Between Worlds on HERO MODE for it to be a challenge and I still find it somewhat easy... GIVE US SOMETHING CHALLENGIN'.

NeroPrototype said:
What did you guys expected? Mario is no console saviour. It can be the best Mario in the history of Gaming and still... It wouldn't save the Wii U. Smash could have been a system seller but It's coming for the 3DS too so yeah, i'll be gettin that one instead of a Wii U (Dumb move by nintendo if they still care for the wii u.) Zelda can be a system seller... Or Metroid. This generation will be all about hardcore gamers... And Nintendo needs to get its shit together, I had to play A Link Between Worlds on HERO MODE for it to be a challenge and I still find it somewhat easy... GIVE US SOMETHING CHALLENGIN'.

3DS+WiiU SSB isnt necessarily the same game! It will help each other out, Console version will be the better version by far but with Character Adjustments in 3DS and being portable with no stages the same it can both sell well. We dont kno all the differences yet however but its not a simple handheld vs console version. Its its own game