By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 47 ( Nov. 18 - Nov. 24 ) Bomba everywhere!!

the_dengle said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Pavolink said:
Boutros said:
The simple promise of FFXV, KH3 and MGSV already locks the success of the PS4 (for a console in Japan).

Just like 2D Mario, Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter, much bigger franchises, locked the one for Wii U.

If Wii U had received the next mainline entries of these series exclusively you'd have a point. 

FFXV, KH3, and especially MGSV aren't exclusive either.

Let's be honest here, in Japan FF and KH  might as well be. XBO versions will be a drop in the ocean in unit sales.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

3DS+WiiU SSB isnt necessarily the same game! It will help each other out, Console version will be the better version by far but with Character Adjustments in 3DS and being portable with no stages the same it can both sell well. We dont kno all the differences yet however but its not a simple handheld vs console version. Its its own game 

Will Nintendo be able to communicate that effectively, though?  They've done a terrible job of letting people know that the Wii-U isn't the Wii.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

3DS+WiiU SSB isnt necessarily the same game! It will help each other out, Console version will be the better version by far but with Character Adjustments in 3DS and being portable with no stages the same it can both sell well. We dont kno all the differences yet however but its not a simple handheld vs console version. Its its own game 

Will Nintendo be able to communicate that effectively, though?  They've done a terrible job of letting people know that the Wii-U isn't the Wii.

Damn You Iwata >_<

pezus said:
Soundwave said:
kowenicki said:
Not being funny but did people actually expect Vita TV to be massive?

Seriously? If it had been a Nintendo device it would have been ridiculed roundly here.

PS4 will clean up in home console sales though.... but the total home console sales wont match home console sales of this gen. No chance, nowhere near. Shrinking target gaming population that has a desire for handhelds... thats just how it is.

Yeah I can see something like

3DS - 25 million

Vita - 9 million

PS4 - 7.5 million

Wii U - 3 million 

In Japan this gen. Everything will be down from the previous gen. 

Also get ready for it -- Dragon Quest XI will be on the 3DS, but mobile iOS/Android, too (which will send console warriors into tears). 

This is almost sig worthy. Vita>PS4 and you expect the console market to decline MORE THAN 50% gen over gen. 

POE said:
pezus said:

I think we all know the answer

SONY will save the gaming industry. 
The PS4 will be the saviour of the consoles just like the Vita saved the handhelds.

1. Vita didn't save handhelds

2. PS4 is not Vita

That is all that needs to be said. Posts that even suggest PS4 is in any way comparable to Vita are laughable at best, ridiculous at worst.

"The top two posts summarise it well.

pezus I ike your optimism. I hope you are right and proof everyone wrong (only cause your a fan hoping for a saviour), but as the two above said the trend for home consoles in the long run isn't looking good for Japan."

-I am not just a fan hoping for a saviour. There are times when all the signs are there and you just know something will happen. PS4 is the next big thing in the console market. Also @Soundwave and whomever: You're arguing that the Japanese console market is shrinking and Rol even said he expects Vita to get more support than PS4 from Japan. But didn't the Japanese devs show you last gen that a lot of them care about Western sales as well? When they see PS4 is dominating the West, the Japanese will of course flock to it as well since appealing to something worldwide is much better than to something that is only moderately popular and only in Japan.

Most third party games in Japan are aimed at small groups. The big names are not as popular or are not popular enough to save the console.

There more games that stay in Japan then leave. Ps4 would need 3ds numbers (low numbers) for anyone put anything relevant on it.

Ps4 is price around 400 in Japan. Why would people in Japan jump on when they though the 3ds and Vita was overprice.

3ds at 250 was outselling Vita on some of it's best days. People in Japan don't care about power. The handheld market strinked more than 50 percent.

why is the console going to do better. Why can Nintendo people admit that 3ds is no Ds. But you can't believe PS4 is no ps3? Every hardware is on decline 

why is ps4 safe. It's over there is no debate. Consoles are dead even Sony knows. 

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

NeroPrototype said:
What did you guys expected? Mario is no console saviour. It can be the best Mario in the history of Gaming and still... It wouldn't save the Wii U. Smash could have been a system seller but It's coming for the 3DS too so yeah, i'll be gettin that one instead of a Wii U (Dumb move by nintendo if they still care for the wii u.) Zelda can be a system seller... Or Metroid. This generation will be all about hardcore gamers... And Nintendo needs to get its shit together, I had to play A Link Between Worlds on HERO MODE for it to be a challenge and I still find it somewhat easy... GIVE US SOMETHING CHALLENGIN'.

So Mario is not a system seller, but Metroid is.

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
NeroPrototype said:
What did you guys expected? Mario is no console saviour. It can be the best Mario in the history of Gaming and still... It wouldn't save the Wii U. Smash could have been a system seller but It's coming for the 3DS too so yeah, i'll be gettin that one instead of a Wii U (Dumb move by nintendo if they still care for the wii u.) Zelda can be a system seller... Or Metroid. This generation will be all about hardcore gamers... And Nintendo needs to get its shit together, I had to play A Link Between Worlds on HERO MODE for it to be a challenge and I still find it somewhat easy... GIVE US SOMETHING CHALLENGIN'.

Ah! the beauty of arguments through gifs. Yup, definitely lead to some great discussions.

naruball said:
EricFabian said:
NeroPrototype said:

Ah! the beauty of arguments through gifs. Yup, definitely lead to some great discussions.

do you believe that a Metroid game could move more systems than Mario?

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
naruball said:
EricFabian said:
NeroPrototype said:

do you believe that a Metroid game could move more systems than Mario?

Didn't Pikmin move more systems than this?

I find it very difficult to feel sorry for Lightning Returns. Playing it at the Eurogamer Expo a few months ago was a very disappointing experience. They have managed to create a game which even FF13 fans may not like. Al said & don't it'll make a profit and we'll be finished with this saga now.

Not surprised at all by Super Mario 3D World, especially after seeing all the comparisons to past titles. The only odd thing is how Pikmin 3 sold more in week 1.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Seece said:

Didn't Pikmin move more systems than this?

same

Click HERE and be happy