By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse scoring well with the consumer

Yeah, I've been reading more good then bad about the game. Biggest gripe seems to be repetition so I guess if go into it expecting that, it may not bother you as much. I'm stoked to actually play it instead of just read about it.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network

Ryse is a good game that could have been much better.

I think the guy that made this thread definitely needs to make some more threads about the Xbox One.

Thats the new trend i guess, praising mediocre games. Ryse & Knack FTW!

tell you something, i always rate 5/5 whatever game i bought before i play it just because i wanna rise the score for games that i bought...

Around the Network

not interested in the game but marketplace reviews on xbox live, psn and so on are the best way to see what the average gamer thinks about a game since most reviews will come from people who really have the game.

seems like people really like it which isn't surprising but i would have expected a lower average.

I actually hear it's a 0/10

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/ryse-son-of-rome?user_review_id=3814874

"A very very bad game. The graphics are certainly good but the gameplay is incredibly repetitive, tedious and simplistic. Playing Ryze; son of rome feels like a chore twenty minutes in.Repetitive combat, boring 5 hour long story"

User reviews are generally nonsense

So in that case Killzone Shadow Fall has 96 5 star reviews.....game of the year right there.

We'll see about that... *heads over to amazon*

No, but seriously though. That's great. The more good games the better. If the reviewers are "wrong" about this one it isn't exactly a bad thing (although I'm sure there's someone who can "clearly" point at something here).

Pretty much everyone I've talked to has enjoyed Ryse. Most of them commend the game's fluid and slick combat system, saying it's one of the most fluid in some time. So, that might have something to do with it as well.