By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse scoring well with the consumer

areason said:

Oh a rare ryze selnor thread

This is one of those circumstances where if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything. I don't want to moderate this post, so i'll just leave it said that it's still not the kind of thing we want to encourage

(fun fact, it was not a Microsoft fan who reported this, so it's not a fandom thing)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

An interessting phenomenon.
The same happenend to knack.

Both games were rated around 60% but both games are better rated by gamers at us and german amazon.
4.0 average while the highly rated Forza is about 3.5.

Finished it yesterday. Great Great game, that has even more potential.

Add some tactical tasks, maybe even add sea battles or a stealth mission, change the setting more frequently (maybe egypt?) and it is close to perfect.

Anyway, it was so much fun and it took me 8-10 hours for the singleplayer campaign. Highly recommend it.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I really want to try this game out but I'm not paying $60 for it.

J_Allard said:
Nice. Enough good word of mouth and sales, and we're assured a sequel.

I want them to keep this franchise going but I also want Crytek to work with a company that specializes in hack n slash and good storytelling. Crytek delivers in the graphics department. This could be a good franchise for MS but it needs some tweaks in anything else besides the graphics. Ryse 2 if it happens should run 1080p/30fps no problem with all the bells and whistles. What I want is a mega franchise like GoW on the Xbox and Ryse could be it if they seek some outside help regardling gameplay.

Around the Network

I'm glad people enjoy Ryse even though the reviews were negative. Off topic but I have played Knack and even though the reviews were disappointing I have had a BLAST playing the game, I couldn't put it down no matter how hard I tried. lol

what kind of argument is : buyers justify their purchace with a high score
sorry but thats TOTALLY RETARDED

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
what kind of argument is : buyers justify their purchace with a high score
sorry but thats TOTALLY RETARDED

It's actually very logical when you consider human psychology. Why do you even think this topic exists in the first place?

If the user reviews are good for a game then its a good game.

The problem is that reviews are comparing these next-gen games to the best and most polished games from last gen. Most of the next-gen games were rushed to make the launch date. The graphical difference between the PS4 vs PS3 isn't enough compared to the PS3 vs PS2 or PS2 vs PS. To ignored the shortfall in game play and the rush development schedule.

But games like Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Killzone are still fun to play but don't have the same polish as all the games that are currently releasing on PS3 and Xbox 360.