Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse scoring well with the consumer

How many more threads are you going to create about a not so great game? I can understand if it's like a game in the actual 9s' that are agreed among by the masses but this is just not it. Can we just accept it that launch games are launch games and move on already?



Around the Network
dahuman said:
How many more threads are you going to create about a not so great game? I can understand if it's like a game in the actual 9s' that are agreed among by the masses but this is just not it. Can we just accept it that launch games are launch games and move on already?

looks like the majority of peeps who bought it thought it was great, so GOOD JERBBB but try harder next time



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
im quite sure naggers exist longer then a couple of centuries.
Hell in good old rome there were naggers




kirby007 said:
dahuman said:
How many more threads are you going to create about a not so great game? I can understand if it's like a game in the actual 9s' that are agreed among by the masses but this is just not it. Can we just accept it that launch games are launch games and move on already?

looks like the majority of peeps who bought it thought it was great, so GOOD JERBBB but try harder next time

I'll believe it when I see 90% of the user sales saying it's great, which I'm sure won't happen because they are too busy enjoying their new systems and not taking the time to try to justify something on an internet forum that they probably don't even know about! booya!!!!!



cognitive dissonance



Around the Network

I think people should stop trying to convince themselves and others that those launch games are something special. They are not. They are just good games at best. More games will come. Great games, excellent games. The games people really bought the console for. We will all enjoy them and remember those first ones and think of the futility of these here arguments. Just be patient.



This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

This game has a 5.3 user score on Metacritic, based on 457 user reviews.

I, along with others, realize that in some places, the user reviews are higher for this game because people need to justify dropping $500 on a console. But you're gonna need to do that for a game that has a larger sampling of people singing its praises.

As it stands, I'd take the Metacritic user reviews more seriously than Amazon by virtue of there being more reviews, therefore being, statistically speaking, more accurate. Seems like the users do disagree with the pro reviewers. Just not in the direction selnor wants us to believe it is.



The game is amazing, i really hope there is a sequel, with improved more varied combat/weapon system



dahuman said:
How many more threads are you going to create about a not so great game? I can understand if it's like a game in the actual 9s' that are agreed among by the masses but this is just not it. Can we just accept it that launch games are launch games and move on already?


FYI, you don't have to pay attention to threads you're not interested in, let alone even entering them and posting a comment.  

It's your freedom to ignroe it and someone else's freedom to post threads they're interested in and want to share.  



BMaker11 said:
This game has a 5.3 user score on Metacritic, based on 457 user reviews.

I, along with others, realize that in some places, the user reviews are higher for this game because people need to justify dropping $500 on a console. But you're gonna need to do that for a game that has a larger sampling of people singing its praises.

As it stands, I'd take the Metacritic user reviews more seriously than Amazon by virtue of there being more reviews, therefore being, statistically speaking, more accurate. Seems like the users do disagree with the pro reviewers. Just not in the direction selnor wants us to believe it is.

you realise 50% of those reviews is written by haters who dont even have it.

for example the majority of the written reviews is positive. not this guy tho:

Nov 23, 2013
1
so i've bought both new systems. people gave Knack a bunch of crap, but I'd rather play that than ryse. ryse, despite being good to look at, is ridiculous.
he gave knack a 10
75% of the reviews is anonimous rating which tells me some sony trolls had some spare time


 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.