By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ryse scoring well with the consumer

I think people should stop trying to convince themselves and others that those launch games are something special. They are not. They are just good games at best. More games will come. Great games, excellent games. The games people really bought the console for. We will all enjoy them and remember those first ones and think of the futility of these here arguments. Just be patient.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

Around the Network

This game has a 5.3 user score on Metacritic, based on 457 user reviews.

I, along with others, realize that in some places, the user reviews are higher for this game because people need to justify dropping $500 on a console. But you're gonna need to do that for a game that has a larger sampling of people singing its praises.

As it stands, I'd take the Metacritic user reviews more seriously than Amazon by virtue of there being more reviews, therefore being, statistically speaking, more accurate. Seems like the users do disagree with the pro reviewers. Just not in the direction selnor wants us to believe it is.

The game is amazing, i really hope there is a sequel, with improved more varied combat/weapon system

dahuman said:
How many more threads are you going to create about a not so great game? I can understand if it's like a game in the actual 9s' that are agreed among by the masses but this is just not it. Can we just accept it that launch games are launch games and move on already?

FYI, you don't have to pay attention to threads you're not interested in, let alone even entering them and posting a comment.  

It's your freedom to ignroe it and someone else's freedom to post threads they're interested in and want to share.  

BMaker11 said:

I, along with others, realize that in some places, the user reviews are higher for this game because people need to justify dropping $500 on a console. But you're gonna need to do that for a game that has a larger sampling of people singing its praises.

As it stands, I'd take the Metacritic user reviews more seriously than Amazon by virtue of there being more reviews, therefore being, statistically speaking, more accurate. Seems like the users do disagree with the pro reviewers. Just not in the direction selnor wants us to believe it is.

you realise 50% of those reviews is written by haters who dont even have it.

for example the majority of the written reviews is positive. not this guy tho:

Nov 23, 2013
so i've bought both new systems. people gave Knack a bunch of crap, but I'd rather play that than ryse. ryse, despite being good to look at, is ridiculous.
he gave knack a 10
75% of the reviews is anonimous rating which tells me some sony trolls had some spare time

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:

Lol...metacritic is even more abused than amazon's system.  

All you have to do is a simple google/bing search to realize that metacritic user reviews has been known for it's ludicrous number of issues.  

At least in Amazon, you get some sense of reviews that have been posted by people who have actually purchased the game and have given their feedback over it (verified buyer reviews).  

roborad said:
BMaker11 said:

All you have to do is a simple google/bing search to realize that metacritic user reviews has been known for it's ludicrous number of issues.  

At least in Amazon, you get some sense of reviews that have been posted by people who have actually purchased the game and have given their feedback over it (verified buyer reviews).  

Exactly, I want to hear from people who have actually bought the game.

roborad said:
dahuman said:
How many more threads are you going to create about a not so great game? I can understand if it's like a game in the actual 9s' that are agreed among by the masses but this is just not it. Can we just accept it that launch games are launch games and move on already?

FYI, you don't have to pay attention to threads you're not interested in, let alone even entering them and posting a comment.  

It's your freedom to ignroe it and someone else's freedom to post threads they're interested in and want to share.  

It becomes spam on the hot topics list that I check a lot and it's not appreciated since we might miss more interesting topics, I mean if people are going to do it, at least do it with a game that's actually worthwhile and not something so mediocore.

kirby007 said:
BMaker11 said:

you realise 50% of those reviews is written by haters who dont even have it.

for example the majority of the written reviews is positive. not this guy tho:

Nov 23, 2013
so i've bought both new systems. people gave Knack a bunch of crap, but I'd rather play that than ryse. ryse, despite being good to look at, is ridiculous.
he gave knack a 10
75% of the reviews is anonimous rating which tells me some sony trolls had some spare time

And you don't think the opposite is possible on Amazon, where people say that Ryse is so awesome and it's just so they can feel good about their purchase?

Since there's no way to confirm anything, I have just as much backing a statement such as "you realize 50% of Amazon reviews are just by Xbox fans with confirmation bias".

All I'm saying is that if we're going to go by user reviews, use a set of reviews with the largest sample size so the results can be more accurate. And if you want to say anonymous ratings are just trolling, you need to do it across the board and ignore the positive reviews as well (can't just discount the negative reviews. That's biased). But then, that would eliminate all reviews because you can't tell if it's trolling to put negative reviews or fanboyism to put positive reviews. 

And that would leave the professional reviews. And in Ryse's case, the game is less than mediocre

roborad said:
BMaker11 said:

Not all of reviews are from verified buyers. I just counted and of the 66 5-star reviews on Amazon, only 31 are verified purchases. So less than 50% are confirmed to have actually bought the game and gave it a 5-star review. Going by what Kirby007 said, I can just as easily say the other 35 reviews are from people who want to hype the game. 

And you admit that, while less so than Metacritic, Amazon is an abused sysem. So there's just as much validity in saying many of the reviews are just hyping the game as there is saying that the Metacritic reviews are just trolling