By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Wii maintain sales pace

Will Wii maintain an average of around 0.5 mil/week for the rest of 2008?

Do you think a production increase will bump the average up to over 500k/week for the year?

If it does, where is the ceiling?

At the rate of almost 500k/week, the Wii will have around 40 Mil at the end of the year.

Is that low, high, just right?

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network

I think it will maintain more of a 400-350K per week, until big releases. then it takes off like crazy.

But all this is pointless if Nintendo can't produce 2 million units per months like they PROMISED over 1 years ago.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

=p Difficult question.

It probably reach 40 million but I guess we will see a small pricedrop at the end of the year;

i think a bit high, but just a tad... it really depends on alot of factors! but maybe just right.

Wii averaged north of 300k/week in 2007.

If it can average 250-320k/week in Jan-Oct 2008, then weekly averages for the year will end up more like 400k-500k... upto 27 million Wiis sold in 2008.  Just can't see production topping that, and any assumptions about demand are just estimates.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

When price drops happens, maybe it can sell an average bigger than 500k/week.

No, it won´t the time has come for the fad to die out and besides all the marioboys have allready bought one and very few remain to buy one then add 1 or 2 million more casuals that will bey one and the fad dies out, this is the year the fad dies.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

i think it has a shot plus during christmas it will sell mush more then that and probably pass 50 million

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

kingofwale said:
I think it will maintain more of a 400-350K per week, until big releases. then it takes off like crazy.

But all this is pointless if Nintendo can't produce 2 million units per months like they PROMISED over 1 years ago.

Wait, they promised they'd be producing more than 2 million over 1 years ago? You mean... When the Wii launched? Wow. I guess they underestimated demand right from the get-go. Too bad they haven't upped production at all in the last year. And it's really a shame that they aren't the fastest selling console in history. Oh wait. They did increase production. At least twice. And oh yeah. They are the fastest selling console in history, except for the DS, which may or may not have sold faster. Don't know. And yet they have to increase production AGAIN.

vaio said:
No, it won´t the time has come for the fad to die out and besides all the marioboys have allready bought one and very few remain to buy one then add 1 or 2 million more casuals that will bey one and the fad dies out, this is the year the fad dies.

I willbump this thread next year.