By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U should be top down

Dv8thwonder said:
anonymunchy said:
Dv8thwonder said:
anonymunchy said:
Nem said:

I dont think it should. But Nintendo can clearly persue a side series in 2D topview (just like they do with mario).

Zelda U should be 3D, open world with gorgeous graphics.

I would be all over a huge fully explorable world that wraps around itself. With lakes and a sea with underwater cities, caverns and caves in mountains, valleys and canyons, monstrous volcanoes and intimidating icebergs, lush forests, sahara-like desert and islands in the sky.

Oh, if only...

If only Aonuma wasn't such a colossal cunt forcing all of his "genius" on us like so much bird shit. The Zelda demo we got in 2012 is nothing but a tease. Zelda U will be a sequel to Skyward Sword. A total fucking waste.

Everything, interviews with Aonuma, statements from Nintendo, A Link Between Worlds, points to Zelda U changing up even more of the formula the series has gotten used to. I believe Aonuma can even be qouted saying they want to try to let the player's exploration drive the story progression. He also acknowledges the linear structure of Skyward Sword and wants the next Zelda to take a much more open approach.

Because you didn't enjoy the previous Zelda game Aonuma is a cunt and the next Zelda will be a total fucking waste? Not even the extremely high praise of A Link Between Worlds gave him some redemption? No one is forcing anything on you, perhaps you didn't enjoy a particular entry in the series but the next one might be catered more to your needs. 

[EDIT: That's not even mentioning all the refinements they've made in The Wind Waker HD. Providing further proof that the quality of Zelda games is only improving.]

Aonuma is a joke and it's time I shed light on why. Here is irrefutable proof that Aonuma is a cancer to Zelda and in turn the Wii U when his version of Zelda U is released. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/25/the-story-of-zelda-wind-waker

Please stop using Wind Waker as some barometric on why Zelda is cool because it's not. It's lame and so is Skyward Sword and so was Spirit Tracks or didn't the anemic sales of those titles not clue you in on how fucking awful they are. Twilight Princess is the bar that all modern Zeldas should be measured upon. Nothing else until something better comes along, which will be for a quite long time since Aonuma is so hellbent on destroying everything cool about Zelda and replacing it with fruitiness. His games are Playschool toys. Kiddie bullshit.

You're pissing me with your attitude. Wind Waker was the best game of its generation for me and the art-style played a major role in that.

Around the Network

@Twilord I could give a rat's ass on how you feel about my attitude. Your opinion doesn't negate the cold hard facts that 3D Zelda is why the series remains relevant in the home console space.

Wind Waker is kiddie bullshit and should be seen as such. Aonuma has neutered modern Zelda fans with his pretentiousness for far too long. Ironically, I don't think he has the balls to create anything of value to Nintendo as a developer. He is a hack.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

this Dv8thwonder guy is outta control!

d21lewis said:
Top down on the Game Pad and 3rd person on the screen with the option to switch.

Pikmin 3 uses this approach a little. It would certainly open the doors to some very interesting puzzle elements elements with the dual perspective.

Dv8thwonder said:
@Twilord I could give a rat's ass on how you feel about my attitude. Your opinion doesn't negate the cold hard facts that 3D Zelda is why the series remains relevant in the home console space.

Wind Waker is kiddie bullshit and should be seen as such. Aonuma has neutered modern Zelda fans with his pretentiousness for far too long. Ironically, I don't think he has the balls to create anything of value to Nintendo as a developer. He is a hack.

I fully agree that 3D Zelda is vital to home consoles. But come on man, you know your opinion is no more a reflection of reality than me, because what is best for Zelda is subjective. I mean do you know how many people love Wind-Waker? It wasn't remade because it was hated. ;)

Sorry for being so aggressive with you, it bugs me alot when people are pushing their way as the only way. I mean TP is down there with Zelda II on my least favorite Zelda's for example but I wouldn't say you're wrong for wanting an upgraded version of that style.

Around the Network
PattonFiend said:
DanneSandin said:
I'll have to say no as well. I love 2d Zelda, but I think Wii U would benefit much more from a beautiful 3d Zelda. Knowing Nintendo though, they'll probably fuck it all up. What they need to do is to go back to the roots of what made Zelda so great. It really was the first open world game, back in the day. Take a que from Skyrim. Don't Be like skyrim though!

This has to be the worst idea ever... Sorry, man...

Care to elaborate? What part of my post is the worst idea. Ever? If you mean the skyrim part, I didn't mean "be like it", but rather take a que from it; have an open world to explore at your will - just like in the original Zelda. But in 3D ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

oniyide said:
NightDragon83 said:
No... Zelda U should be a sidescroller a-la Zelda II, because that's the only genre of games that sell on the system lol

all joking aside i actually wouldnt  mind a follow up or even remake of Zelda 2, just dont make it too brutal. Was a good game. Not for Wii U could be 3ds OR Ninty could take advantage of the online and kind of make a mid tier like game. Have it on a console but digital. Kind of like what almost every other publisher does.

Zelda II 3D remake for Wii U. Not as hard as the original. You can save anytime. Music reorchestrated.

OP: No.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Twilord said:
Dv8thwonder said:

I fully agree that 3D Zelda is vital to home consoles. But come on man, you know your opinion is no more a reflection of reality than me, because what is best for Zelda is subjective. I mean do you know how many people love Wind-Waker? It wasn't remade because it was hated. ;)

Sorry for being so aggressive with you, it bugs me alot when people are pushing their way as the only way. I mean TP is down there with Zelda II on my least favorite Zelda's for example but I wouldn't say you're wrong for wanting an upgraded version of that style.

it was remade because it was the easiest one to remake. Its essentially an HD port. the last two 3d zeldas are too new, they already put OOT on 3ds and MM would have been to difficult

Mr Khan said:
It would be almost worth it just to see the meltdowns.

Wii U holiday 2014 blockbuster: Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks 2: Ghost Zelda's Quest

LOL, that would be pretty funny to see. Although I will say that Spirit Tracks' Zelda was one of the best in any game. She was a riot.

@OP: if one of the two original Zelda games on Wii U was top down, I would be OK with it, as long as the other took place in a fully-realized three-dimensional world. My personal preference would be that top-down 2D Zelda games remain on 3DS, but in the end the game will probably be great no matter the perspective or dimension.

Keep the top down classic approach on 3DS.

I want 3rd person on console.

I think this is a better separation and drives demand better between the different experiences.