By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A biased review: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Awesome review! I wonder though, if the game is so easy, is it worth to play the game in the default difficulty?

Should I start the game in hero mode since the start?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:
Awesome review! I wonder though, if the game is so easy, is it worth to play the game in the default difficulty?

You have to play the normal mode to unlock the heromode.

I already got it (midnight launch ftw!) and really loved the music and 3d effects. Gameplay was smooth and quick. I wish I could equip more than one item or do it in real time instead of going to a menu. I'm saving it for tomorrow when I go back to work. I've only finished the very first dungeon to get a feel for it. I think I'll love it. If I don't, I'll convince myself anyway.

RolStoppable said:
d21lewis said:
I already got it (midnight launch ftw!) and really loved the music and 3d effects. Gameplay was smooth and quick. I wish I could equip more than one item or do it in real time instead of going to a menu. I'm saving it for tomorrow when I go back to work. I've only finished the very first dungeon to get a feel for it. I think I'll love it. If I don't, I'll convince myself anyway.

You get a second item slot shortly after the first dungeon, provided you aren't a complete idiot. The infamous real time weapon switch is enabled by Ravio after you have reached Lorule, although I am not 100% sure. There's also an upgrade for the RTWS (limit the amount of items that appear in your quick selection) which you get once again from Ravio. You have to have performed an RTWS at least once and maybe completed one dungeon before you can return to him to add that function.

Fan-fucking-tastic news!

@RolStoppable

Is your review spoiler free? I want to read it but I am enjoying knowing near-to-nothing about this game until I pick it up on thursday.

Around the Network

Nice nice. Biased review has been on a Rol lately.

green_sky said:
Nice nice. Biased review has been on a Rol lately.

Agreed. Looking forward to his 3D World Review.

His reviews are amongst the most honest I've read any where.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I'm pleased to see that the "What I didn't like" part is lager than the "What I liked" part.

Also, this might be my first portable Zelda purchase.

RolStoppable said:
Anfebious said:

As has been said, hero mode has to be unlocked. You would go mad on a first playthrough on hero mode, because it's "take two hits and you are dead" right from the outset. Plus there is the occasional enemy that can kill you in one hit, like the bomb throwing guys you encounter immediately after you've made it to Lorule. If they run into you, you take three hearts damage on normal, so that would be twelve in hero mode. You won't have that many hearts at that point in the game.

Forgot about that, you have to unlock it xD. Well it should provide a decent challenge until I get the hero mode. I don't mind the game being to easy as I tend to replay Zelda games to get 100% on them anyway!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I don't think I want to return to Majora's Mask after this. The freedom is just too good. Majora won't be as good or fun after :(