By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For you who think next gen graphics suck...

Next gen graphics don't suck because current gen graphics don't suck either.

It may not be as big a leap as previous geneational transitions, but as long as we get stuff as beautiful as this, I'm happy:

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Mensrea said:

Next gen graphics don't suck. :)

Use first party Nintendo games that aren't X and you may as well be showing pictures off that are marginably better than what the Wii can handle, just in HD.

You're delusional.  I'm sorry there is no way could that never play on the wii at 20 fps let alone 60. The lighting and poly alone make this crazy. Sd to Hd is huge.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

correct me if im wrong, but the games get better graphics when the years pass because it is hard to develop at initial years. But if the platform is easy to develop, then we can expect a lower graphic improve along the years?
we have seen a great improvment of ps3 graphics of the beggining to 2013 graphics. With ps4 i cant imagine so great diference between killzone from the best it can achieve.
for xbox one, i still waiting for the "cloud difference".
for wii U, i spect the tech demo showed in 2011's e3.

but for now, this gen graphics are still amazing. even the wii(if you run it on dolphin at 1080 and with antialiasing), i think we dont need more than that for now.

Did the graphics on the wii improve from the game cube? I couldn't tell a difference, owned both at different times.

And yeah the graphic leap is not as big as before, the more people could be critical of it shows as such.

Everyone calls ghost an ugly game..............that WOW factor of seeing a next gen game is all but dead. While you have to admit kill zone 4, drive club and ryse all look real good, it's not like seeing super mario 64 or gta 3 for the 1st time. not by a long shot.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

curl-6 said:

Next gen graphics don't suck because current gen graphics don't suck either.

It may not be as big a leap as previous geneational transitions, but as long as we get stuff as beautiful as this, I'm happy:

Around the Network

ryse is a bigger leap then anything from orginial xbox to 360 at launch.

Too_Talls said:

Did the graphics on the wii improve from the game cube? I couldn't tell a difference, owned both at different times.

Yes, they did. Wii had 50% more CPU/GPU speed and more than twice as much memory as Gamecube. The gap from Metroid Prime 1 and 2 to Metroid Prime 3 was a good demonstration of the difference.

I doubt there will be nearly the jump between launch games and end of generation games this upcoming gen. For two reasons, one the architectures of the new consoles are much easier to understand and dont require extensive retooling of programming engines because the hardware is familiar and easy to understand, and secondly The law of diminishing returns is more in effect than it was last gen. While Games will definitely improve throughout the gen I doubt we will see nearly as much an increase as we did last gen.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I agree iam injoying my ps4 and ghosts and kill zone. While other say oh they look the same lol

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Common knowledge among those who know how this thing works.