By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For you who think next gen graphics suck...

Damian.W said:
Hynad said:
Damian.W said:

You're missing the point. I'm not saying there WON'T be any graphical improvements, just not any massive ones over time. Again with the other consoles, which had BELOW 512MB to use, they required heavy levels of optmizing and engine-remakes to fully utulize. This gen doesn't feature any compllications, and instead allows for developers to untilize the hardware quickly.

Maybe I'm just terrible at explaining. Imagine developing a game is like riding a hill on a bike. The past generation was the equivellent of a standard bike with a small frame and crazy phyicial design. To be able to use it, people would need to take the frame and make the most of it by adding things such as different gears and changing the equipment to keep the bike form falling apart. Over time, the bike gains performance as more time is spent on improving it. 

A current gen console is like a mountain bike, with all the lights, gear, helmets, etc, already on it. There is little to improve on the frame, since it gets the job done already. They might add things such as lighter materials and paint jobs to make it look nice and perform a small amount better, but the changes aren't as drastic as equipping a basic bike with the latest in gear.

Now excuse me, I need to go to a corner and think about what I'm doing with my life by typing essays to random people on the internet. 

You call that an essay?   xD

Your lot have been regurgitating the same idiocy at the start of every console generation since the N64. -__-

It was nonsense back then. It's still nonsense. You think we're already at the point of diminishing return?

Tell me where are my Avatar calibre graphics?

When the hell did I even mention diminishing returns? Now you're just plain talking out of your ass. I said that the jump in visuals THIS GEN OVER TIME won't be as significant, because the hardware is already easy to program for. That's what this thread is about. Much of the power available is already being used, and the jump from the ps2- looking Uncharted and Resistance to Uncharted 3 and Resistant 3 won't happen this gen. You don't even know what you're arguing about, making pointless references to Avatar visuals that I never even mentioned. 

But alright, I'll get off topic with you and respond. Your Avatar graphics are a few buys away from this store called Tiger-Direct and a few click from joining online mod communities. 

Think about how great looking the last of us, halo 4, sonic generations and forza horizone  are, now imagine what they could do with 10x the power, there will alway be new techniques to make games look better on consoles because thats were all the sales come from, you will see games that makes launch games look like crap, they haven't even scratched the surface of what the ps4  could do.

Around the Network
Kane1389 said:
DonFerrari said:
Kane1389 said:
curl-6 said:
kupomogli said:
ninetailschris said:
kupomogli said:
Mensrea said:

Next gen graphics don't suck. :)

Use first party Nintendo games that aren't X and you may as well be showing pictures off that are marginably better than what the Wii can handle, just in HD.

You're delusional.  I'm sorry there is no way could that never play on the wii at 20 fps let alone 60. The lighting and poly alone make this crazy. Sd to Hd is huge.

Except I never said it could play on the Wii, and I did mention the HD.  Here's what I mean about marginably better.  If the PS2 HD Collections were slightly touched up to look slightly better.  So HD and looks a little better, but hardly much of a jump. 

Infamous Second Son looks like it's more of a jump between any PS3  game than any Mario game is to the  first Super Mario Galaxy.

I dunno, I'd say that the leap from Mario 64 to Mario Galaxy absolutely dwarfs the leap from Infamous 1 or 2 to Infamous Second Son.

So now you've resorted to comparing jumps between 2 generatios instead of 1 to make Nintendo graphics more impressive?

That is because N64 to WiiU they are considering that Nintendo improved as much as Sony from PS3 to PS4, understand?

No, no I don't understand what you are saying?

GC+Wii doesn't count as generational leaps... its like they gone from N64 to WiiU that is why he can pick games that far apart.. finally some Nintendo fans agree that the hardware is weak.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

curl-6 said:
JoeTheBro said:
curl-6 said:

If you're talking art style on Wii U, you can't overlook this:

Yoshi's yarn looks so good.

However it can't touch this:

Not a fan of Knack's art style personally, I think it looks bland and tacky.

If we're talking art style on Playstation systems, Puppeteer gets my vote:

Just gorgeous.

Three really adorable games... have the last, but my wife would fall in love for Yoshi Yarn.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JoeTheBro said:
curl-6 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Yoshi's yarn looks so good.

However it can't touch this:

Not a fan of Knack's art style personally, I think it looks bland and tacky.

If we're talking art style on Playstation systems, Puppeteer gets my vote:

Just gorgeous.

PS3 isn't a current gen system, so Puppeteer is ugly by default. Sorry.

Ah, I forgot, beauty is divided along generational lines. Which is why this: (PS3/360)

Looks prettier than this: (Original Xbox)

;)

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

d21lewis said:

Let's just make one thing clear.  Next gen graphics don't suck.  Now that pic on the right?  THAT one sucks.  Almost unplayable.  Looks like something from the Nes days.  That pic on the left, however.  That is a thing of beauty! 

I'm Black and I find this post offensive. 

Reported

Around the Network

One of the best comparisons imo is Halo 3 to Halo 4. Not only did the graphics themselves improve quite a bit (textures, lighting, etc.), but the resolution improved from 640p to 720p.

Halo 3

Halo 4

Graphics are only going to get better throughout the generation as developers learn how to utilize the power they have to work with more efficiently. 

shikamaru317 said:

One of the best comparisons imo is Halo 3 to Halo 4. Not only did the graphics themselves improve quite a bit (textures, lighting, etc.), but the resolution improved from 640p to 720p.

Halo 3

Halo 4

Graphics are only going to get better throughout the generation as developers learn how to utilize the power they have to work with more efficiently. 

This gen should actually have the biggest jump by far from day one games to end of gen games. Not only do we live in a much "faster" world in which techniques and innovation are rapidly shared and expanded, but also there's the far too commonly mocked cloud.

JoeTheBro said:
shikamaru317 said:

Halo 3

Halo 4

This gen should actually have the biggest jump by far from day one games to end of gen games. Not only do we live in a much "faster" world in which techniques and innovation are rapidly shared and expanded, but also there's the far too commonly mocked cloud.

And the much bigger disk sizes

There's a difference between something that's old school and something that's outdated. Old school is like the Atari 2600. The games are primitive, but they're still fun to play. You can always go back to them. Outdated is something you never want to go back to. Tiger games are so outdated, they were never in-dated! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u5dtBtG9yU