By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - For you who think next gen graphics suck...

curl-6 said:
JoeTheBro said:
curl-6 said:

If you're talking art style on Wii U, you can't overlook this:

Yoshi's yarn looks so good.

However it can't touch this:

Not a fan of Knack's art style personally, I think it looks bland and tacky.

If we're talking art style on Playstation systems, Puppeteer gets my vote:

Just gorgeous.

Three really adorable games... have the last, but my wife would fall in love for Yoshi Yarn.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
curl-6 said:
JoeTheBro said:

Yoshi's yarn looks so good.

However it can't touch this:

Not a fan of Knack's art style personally, I think it looks bland and tacky.

If we're talking art style on Playstation systems, Puppeteer gets my vote:

Just gorgeous.

PS3 isn't a current gen system, so Puppeteer is ugly by default. Sorry.

Ah, I forgot, beauty is divided along generational lines. Which is why this: (PS3/360)

Looks prettier than this: (Original Xbox)

;)

d21lewis said:

Let's just make one thing clear.  Next gen graphics don't suck.  Now that pic on the right?  THAT one sucks.  Almost unplayable.  Looks like something from the Nes days.  That pic on the left, however.  That is a thing of beauty! 

I'm Black and I find this post offensive. 

Reported

shikamaru317 said:

One of the best comparisons imo is Halo 3 to Halo 4. Not only did the graphics themselves improve quite a bit (textures, lighting, etc.), but the resolution improved from 640p to 720p.

Halo 3

Halo 4

Graphics are only going to get better throughout the generation as developers learn how to utilize the power they have to work with more efficiently. 

This gen should actually have the biggest jump by far from day one games to end of gen games. Not only do we live in a much "faster" world in which techniques and innovation are rapidly shared and expanded, but also there's the far too commonly mocked cloud.

JoeTheBro said:
shikamaru317 said:

One of the best comparisons imo is Halo 3 to Halo 4. Not only did the graphics themselves improve quite a bit (textures, lighting, etc.), but the resolution improved from 640p to 720p.

Halo 3

Halo 4

Graphics are only going to get better throughout the generation as developers learn how to utilize the power they have to work with more efficiently. 

This gen should actually have the biggest jump by far from day one games to end of gen games. Not only do we live in a much "faster" world in which techniques and innovation are rapidly shared and expanded, but also there's the far too commonly mocked cloud.

And the much bigger disk sizes

Around the Network

There's a difference between something that's old school and something that's outdated. Old school is like the Atari 2600. The games are primitive, but they're still fun to play. You can always go back to them. Outdated is something you never want to go back to. Tiger games are so outdated, they were never in-dated! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u5dtBtG9yU