By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - SmashRadar: All four control schemes reviewed and rated

yeah, controls are completely customizable.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Yes the controls are fully customizable. You can change any action to any button you want.

OK, good, the review was misleading.

I want to use the GC controller and maybe wiimote with nunchuck.

DMeisterJ said:

Oh, they could use the classic controller, only that they need to go and buy three more, on top of the one they already have, since you have to plug the controllers into the bottom of the Wiimote, not the console itself, and they aren't wireless... Wow. this seems like a lot of work to play this game.

Not everyone needs 4 controllers. If you're not a big smash fan you'll probably only ever need the one. For anyone who will need the 4 controllers they are probably happy to get them and they aren't that expensive. And while the VC controllers aren't technically wireless they have all of the benefits of it..which is to say you can move anywhere and don't even need direct line of sight..you can play the Wii two floors up from the console itself...I know I've done it.

The only hassle here is for the folks who want to play it to find a Wii...and possibly finding a copy of the game during the first week....

Personally I have 3 Wii-Mote+Nunchuk, 3 GC, and 1 VC and thats a lot more than I need...a whole lot more.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

For people who are looking for GC controllers I got a new Gamestop controller a few months ago.

It works really well and it was only $12 or so I think though I wouldn't be surprised if they order more and raise the prices for Smash.

It is wired though if that's a concern to anybody but overall it's been real solid and I don't regret not buying an actual Nintendo controller at all.

review fails for bad information

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

game cube ruleszzzzzz and the controller too

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

good now i hope this game looks good on my tv....cause everything esle doesnt on wii....besides that its a hot game

This is incredibly misleading. But I'm glad, cause I'm sure there will be tons of people going "Wut, playing with Nunchuk? lol! wtf hax! how U beat me?!"

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her