By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. Forza Motorsport 5

Tagged games:

DonFerrari said:
allblue said:

The most you can get is that they think the game is impressive and that they love it... but not that I care, because trying to prove someone that won't ever change opinion or accept different points is impossible AND useless...

So, when I see this kind of behavior I avoid to keep replying.

Well I am still waiting for my answer, otherwise I'll just assume they're not capable of answering that one. 

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

Around the Network
allblue said:
kowenicki said:
ethomaz said:

kowenicki said:

yes it is.. i agree.

I agree too... now lets talk about Forza please.

ok. its fucking awesome. 

thanks.

What I would like to know from the analysis is, why is it downgraded from what they initially promised at E3?

They went from a titan to the X1 GPU, that's why, I expect this to happen a lot this gen

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
allblue said:

They went from a titan to the X1 GPU, that's why, I expect this to happen a lot this gen

Dammnit! please! I want to hear it from an xbox fan :(

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

allblue said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

this game being a simulator revolves around handling and control and ai is being judged on graphical facts like aa

same like putting civ:rev up there =total nonsense, it looking nice is a benefit not the goal

The point is, forza was touted as having next generation look and feel, xbox fans keeps gloating about how it blows the competition out of the water on visuals etc. Supposedly, it showcases what x1 is capable of, 1080p 60fps and next generation visuals, then comes the deep downgrade from what was promised at E3.

I don't see what's so "ambitious" about a console that has been constantly downgrading on its intial promises. Give me an honest take why that keeps happening.  

sono aa means its terrible which is frankly bs, handling, ai is next gen i fail to see your point

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
allblue said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

this game being a simulator revolves around handling and control and ai is being judged on graphical facts like aa

same like putting civ:rev up there =total nonsense, it looking nice is a benefit not the goal

The point is, forza was touted as having next generation look and feel, xbox fans keeps gloating about how it blows the competition out of the water on visuals etc. Supposedly, it showcases what x1 is capable of, 1080p 60fps and next generation visuals, then comes the deep downgrade from what was promised at E3.

I don't see what's so "ambitious" about a console that has been constantly downgrading on its intial promises. Give me an honest take why that keeps happening.  

sono aa means its terrible which is frankly bs, handling, ai is next gen i fail to see your point

Yes of course, gunplay, recoil, hit registeration etc all that's important in a shooting game, we should have just sticked with battlefield 2, DICE should stop upgrading its engines seriously.

I'm sorry, in my standards, a next generation console should be capable of all the gameplay feats plus all the grahpical updates you would expect from the "most ambitious console" ever.

Keep dodging my question and hope I'll stop asking but I won't, here: "Why was there such a deep downgrade from what was shown and promised at E3?"

Highlighted so that you can better interpret the question. 

Around the Network
allblue said:
chapset said:
allblue said:

Dammnit! please! I want to hear it from an xbox fan :(

keep dreaming

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

allblue said:
DonFerrari said:
allblue said:

The most you can get is that they think the game is impressive and that they love it... but not that I care, because trying to prove someone that won't ever change opinion or accept different points is impossible AND useless...

So, when I see this kind of behavior I avoid to keep replying.

Well I am still waiting for my answer, otherwise I'll just assume they're not capable of answering that one. 

You are too kind... other possibility is that they will start from the beggining, will be proved wrong untill you go to the same point and they go back to the beggining again.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

allblue said:
NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

This is nothing new.  There's always going to be big launch titles that don't live up to the pre-launch hype... just go back and look at the PS3's launch for example, or even the Xbox 360's.

No, I'm asking why it time and time again failed to live up to its promises when its supposed to be "the true next generation console", "beta tested in the future". 

You're asking why a game that was rushed out to meet a brand new console's launch date didn't live up to expectations?

Gee, I have no idea why...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:
NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

You're asking why a game that was rushed out to meet a brand new console's launch date didn't live up to expectations?

Again, you are missing the point of my question. You have no idea whether its rushed or because of hardware incapabilities. You have no evidence.

The fact stands that there's disparity between what was shown at E3 and what it is right now. I'm asking, why.

allblue said:
NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:
NightDragon83 said:
allblue said:
kirby007 said:
DonFerrari said:
dahuman said:

Again, you are missing the point of my question. You have no idea whether its rushed or because of hardware incapabilities. You have no evidence.

The fact stands that there's disparity between what was shown at E3 and what it is right now. I'm asking, why.

And when they go talk about Killzone they say they had a lot of time to develop the game... don't bother... You should ask different, now why they downgraded (because probably they upped all aspects since E3 reveal), more like why they showed footage that wasn't EVER supposed to be on Xbone... I still remember a top guy in Turn 10 saying they don't bullshot (implying Polyphony done that) to be caught posting bullshots days latter (FM3 or FM4).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."