By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. Forza Motorsport 5

Tagged games:

J_Allard said:
DonFerrari said:
J_Allard said:
Well apparently selective reading is cool if the selective part is negative. I mean, look at the OP. Literally every single part of the article that is negative is bolded, yet no one cared. I do the same only bolding positive, he has a problem. Shocking.

Well he posted the whole article...

And the answer was selecting a part that wasn't even flatering (talking about it being the best by being the sole one available).

I posted the whole article as well. The difference is in what you selectively bold.

You don't think a comment about a game taking racing sims to the next generation is flattering? Some of you act as if they shat all over the game but then said even though it doesn't deserve it, it's the standard for sim racers. All they say is despite lack of polish. Which to me says the gameplay is good enough for next gen. And that's really all that matters. I am yet to read negative things about the actual handling model and physics of the game, it's all small graphical sacrifices.

Give me a next gen game that actually does something to deserve being next gen, over something like Killzone 6 which does nothing really next gen, but sure looks purty. Some of the people in this thread seem to prefer the other way around, that's cool I guess. Toodles.

Main issue is just that the game isn't what was shown and demo'd a few weeks and months back.

They're not the first ones to do it by far, but I'll be honest and say I would think that the Forza which was shown at E3 was maybe not on high end PC's but instead on current Xbox1 hardware but without having to handle the other cars AI on the system itself which obviously they lost after the 180 with always online and always connected to the cloud to power it. The hardware could be the same but it's just having to handle more than they expected without the Cloud.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Played a little forza 5 yesterday and man, it looks gorgeous.

J_Allard said:
DonFerrari said:
J_Allard said:
Well apparently selective reading is cool if the selective part is negative. I mean, look at the OP. Literally every single part of the article that is negative is bolded, yet no one cared. I do the same only bolding positive, he has a problem. Shocking.

Well he posted the whole article...

And the answer was selecting a part that wasn't even flatering (talking about it being the best by being the sole one available).

I posted the whole article as well. The difference is in what you selectively bold.

You don't think a comment about a game taking racing sims to the next generation is flattering? Some of you act as if they shat all over the game but then said even though it doesn't deserve it, it's the standard for sim racers. All they say is despite lack of polish. Which to me says the gameplay is good enough for next gen. And that's really all that matters. I am yet to read negative things about the actual handling model and physics of the game, it's all small graphical sacrifices.

Give me a next gen game that actually does something to deserve being next gen, over something like Killzone 6 which does nothing really next gen, but sure looks purty. Some of the people in this thread seem to prefer the other way around, that's cool I guess. Toodles.

So if we are talking about gameplay on Sims... you will agree that GT6 is better than FM5??? Since that is all that matter.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."