By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry vs. Forza Motorsport 5

Tagged games:

allblue said:
selnor1983 said:

This gMe is amazing. As a racing fanatic this is eby far the best sim on  onsole. Under the hood its physics are clearly way ahead of the lazt gen sims. The impulse triggers were made cor this game. And it looks phenominal. I really cant go back and play forza 4 anymore. The drivatar ai makes every race feel unique. Gone is the procession racing of the ai in fora 4 and gt 5/6. Finally ai  ontrolled drivers make mistakez and try do or die moves like real human players. At times coming up eu rouge and over the top looks so real.

Last gen is so behind me. Im gaming so much more again. Really impressed with xbox one launch. 

Forz 5 is a must for any fan of zimulators. Itz so much better than last gen. 

And your opinion is relevant to the factual analysis thread about visual downgrades because?

Who cares what some internet site says now? Xbox one is out, we are already playing the game on our 1080p tvs. The gMe looks awesome. It looks so much better than forza 4 its rediculous. Love the lighting, love the texturez, they are so crisp. And the sense of speed is perfect. But ob the handling! Best racer ive ever played. Off to my mates for some more group xbox one play. Woohoo. Night of killer instinct.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
allblue said:
selnor1983 said:

This gMe is amazing. As a racing fanatic this is eby far the best sim on  onsole. Under the hood its physics are clearly way ahead of the lazt gen sims. The impulse triggers were made cor this game. And it looks phenominal. I really cant go back and play forza 4 anymore. The drivatar ai makes every race feel unique. Gone is the procession racing of the ai in fora 4 and gt 5/6. Finally ai  ontrolled drivers make mistakez and try do or die moves like real human players. At times coming up eu rouge and over the top looks so real.

Last gen is so behind me. Im gaming so much more again. Really impressed with xbox one launch. 

And your opinion is relevant to the factual analysis thread about visual downgrades because?

Who cares what some internet site says now?

Well it did brought into the light the fact that MS and x1 fails to live up to its initial hype and promises

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

As I have said some posts ago you see what would come...

I still can't see how can someone be a core simulator fan without having a wheel.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

thismeintiel said:
NightDragon83 said:

I have no evidence to support that Forza 5 was rushed for launch?  When it contains half the content of Forza 4, and a good amount of the content it does have is locked behind a paywall???

As for the "disparty" between a game's promotional build for a trade show and the final product...  again, you act like this is something that's unprecedented.  You must've slept through the PS3's launch.

There is a HUGE difference between showing a target video that aimed too high and having mislead customers for months with fake builds running on better HW than your own.  It's not like Sony had actual running builds of those games looking like that, only the target vids.  Which they still rightfully got flack for.  What MS did is in a whole other ballpark of dishonesty.

So we're now calling M$'s E3 show a whole 'nother ballpark of dishonesty because a launch title had a slight sacrifice in visual fidelity (and a major sacrifice in content) to make a launch release?

Ryse actually turned out better looking in-game than the earlier builds that were shown at E3, even though the gameplay remained somewhat lackluster.  Are we going to judge the XB1's hardware SOLELY on Forza 5 now?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

NightDragon83 said:
thismeintiel said:
NightDragon83 said:

I have no evidence to support that Forza 5 was rushed for launch?  When it contains half the content of Forza 4, and a good amount of the content it does have is locked behind a paywall???

As for the "disparty" between a game's promotional build for a trade show and the final product...  again, you act like this is something that's unprecedented.  You must've slept through the PS3's launch.

There is a HUGE difference between showing a target video that aimed too high and having mislead customers for months with fake builds running on better HW than your own.  It's not like Sony had actual running builds of those games looking like that, only the target vids.  Which they still rightfully got flack for.  What MS did is in a whole other ballpark of dishonesty.

So we're now calling M$'s E3 show a whole 'nother ballpark of dishonesty because a launch title had a slight sacrifice in visual fidelity (and a major sacrifice in content) to make a launch release?

Ryse actually turned out better looking in-game than the earlier builds that were shown at E3, even though the gameplay remained somewhat lackluster.  Are we going to judge the XB1's hardware SOLELY on Forza 5 now?

Can we judge by any other game in 1080p60fps you choose... say one.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
thismeintiel said:

Are we going to judge the XB1's hardware SOLELY on Forza 5 now?

Well, I was going to because around the time of E3 and consistantly before launch, Xbox one fans gloated forza's visuals, how it was miles ahead of its competition, how it is showcasing what x1 was truly capable of etc. Who would have known it was atually on a dev kit with much higher specs than what x1 has.

I mean 1080p 60fps is pretty much a standard for me as a gamer, I can't recall any other games achieving 1080p 60fps on x1 as of now so that's the only game I'm using as a benchmark. Perhaps you can name any other game with 1080p 60fps on x1 for me?

Intel core i7 930 OC @ 4.0 ghz

XFX Double dissipation Radeon HD 7950 356 bit 3gb GDDR5 OC @ 1150 MHz core + 1575 x 4 memory

Triple channel DDR 3 12gb RAM 1600 MHz

pezus said:
selnor1983 said:

Bolded: Can you elaborate?

Impulse triggers: Better than a wheel?

I'm glad you're enjoying gaming again, at least.

Theres more feel towards under and oversteer. The dips in the road for example are reacting with the car so much more rwal. Im off to play killer instinct now with some mates. Will elaborate later. Have fun vgc.

The game looks amazing in motion and super crisp. Looks as good as kz.

But ryse has the best graphics for sure. I'm very impressed.

allblue said:
NightDragon83 said:
thismeintiel said:

Are we going to judge the XB1's hardware SOLELY on Forza 5 now?

Well, I was going to because around the time of E3 and consistantly before launch, Xbox one fans gloated forza's visuals, how it was miles ahead of its competition, how it is showcasing what x1 was truly capable of etc. Who would have known it was atually on a dev kit with much higher specs than what x1 has.

I mean 1080p 60fps is pretty much a standard for me as a gamer, I can't recall any other games achieving 1080p 60fps on x1 as of now so that's the only game I'm using as a benchmark. Perhaps you can name any other game with 1080p 60fps on x1 for me?

Maybe we should judge by CoD, BF, DR or KI???

graphs sacked for ai who knows, everybody lies

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.