By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP outsells DS two weeks in a row in Japan.

DS is saturate in Japan, but a redesign or price cut help it a lot.

Around the Network

Maybe DS reached a saturation point. It's possible. But two weeks doesn't mean anything yet. I do find it funny that there is always someone ready to jump on "this system has now stopped selling and this other one will now consistently beat it" when it's only happened for two weeks.

It's possible that the DS reached a saturation point, tombi123, but there is nothing to prove that yet. But maybe, we shall see.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

CrazzyMan said:
http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=DS&reg1=Japan&cons2=GBA&reg2=Japan&cons3=GB&reg3=Japan&weeks=400

Looks like, ds probably reached main audithory, so nowhere to grow. =)

Yes, yes Crazy.  We all know about your belief that there is only a certain amount of people that will ever buy Nintendo products.  I find it strange that you have such a hard time believing people who have not had a Nintendo before, just may buy one now for the first time.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

tombi123 said:

Sorry if there is already a thread about this.

I know last week it was by 100 units but still. This week it was by roughly 20K, a very big margin.

What do you think this is down to? There were no major releases for either console. Has DS reached saturation point? Has the new slim lite PSP model worked wonders? 

Discuss... 

Well I read an article tonight in which someone looked at the first month of sales in the US and called the 360 a failed brand and dying or something like that so using their logic the DS must be a failed brand and dying in Japan now.  :(  DS we hardly knew ya :(

for the third time... this has been weeks in the making. just look up the trend even before this happened. this is gonna last for a while.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

its becuase the DS hasnt had any good relases in a while and there hasnt been a price cut in a while

The Ds has been outselling the psp for about 200 weeks...

2 weeks are meaningless

Brawl Friend Code:

0430-8083-5276

Cmon Add me!!

Pm your friend code if you add me please

DS beat it this week!

Hey, you can't post that! ^^^^ *Hides I Love Bacon's post*.........

It's "like". But oh well.

and this is normal. Some weeks it goes up, some weeks it goes down.