By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Atlus Livestream- Persona 5 announced plus 3 spin-offs

Tagged games:

Which game are you most excited for

Persona 5 45 63.38%

Persona Q 17 23.94%

Persona DAN 1 1.41%

Persona UUSH 0 0%

ALL OF THEM 4 5.63%

my Wallet's emptiness 2 2.82%

NO I HATE PERSONA. SMT RULES 1 1.41%

Total:70
Sal.Paradise said:

It's not on 3ds http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90649835&postcount=482

It's also totally P5. HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I still think it's coming for the 3DS . I don't know who the posters is but he sounds like a "reliable source". Either way we will know on the 24th right? :O

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
brendude13 said:

Where did I lose you?

I'd say still play Persona 3, it's a little slow for me at the moment but I know it's going to pick up soon. I may have spoke too soon when I said it wasn't as good as 4, I think my step brother actually prefers it to 4.

If I buy Persona 3 off the PSN to play on my Vita, do I get Persona 3, Persona 3 Portable (PSP game) or Persona 3 FES? I'm a little confused which version is which or if they're the same...

Ok, here it goes:

Persona 3 - Plain ol' Persona 3.

Persona 3 FES - Released 1 year later. Adds more Personas, dialogue, maybe a few cutscenes and social links. Also adds a 20 hour epilogue chapter, which apparently has a decent story and gives some closure but is also repetitive and a grindfest.

Persona 3 Portable - Released 3 years after the original. Also adds more Personas, dialogue and social links as well as an option to play as a female, but removes cutscenes, the 20 hour epilogue chapter and the ability to walk around outside of dungeons, navigating is done through menus instead and there are static images instead of 3D backgrounds. Gameplay in dungeons remains the same.

Personally I'm playing through Persona 3 FES to get the most from the story. I want cutscenes, 3D character models outside of dungeons and the 20 hour epilogue chapter. I'll be playing through Persona 3 Portable straight after though.

brendude13 said:

Ok, here it goes:

Persona 3 FES - Released 1 year later. Adds more Personas, dialogue, maybe a few cutscenes and social links. Also adds a 20 hour epilogue chapter, which apparently has a decent story and gives some closure but is also repetitive and a grindfest.

Persna 3 Portable - Release 3 years after the original. Also adds more Personas, dialogue and social links as well as an option to play as a female, but removes cutscenes, the 20 hour epilogue chapter and the ability to walk around outside of dungeons, navigating is done through menus instead and there are static images instead of 3D backgrounds. Gameplay in dungeons remains the same.

Personally I'm playing through Persona 3 FES to get the most from the story. I want cutscenes, 3D character models outside of dungeons and the 20 hour epilogue chapter. I'll be playing through Persona 3 Portable straight after though.

A 20 hour epilogue chapter... but no non dungeon gameplay sounds a bit annoying

It's a shame that they couldn't combine the best of both for Vita

It's also clear that it's not clear which one is best. I do quite want the navigation round the town, given it is what I spend most of my time doing in 4.

Munkeh111 said:
brendude13 said:

Ok, here it goes:

Persna 3 Portable - Release 3 years after the original. Also adds more Personas, dialogue and social links as well as an option to play as a female, but removes cutscenes, the 20 hour epilogue chapter and the ability to walk around outside of dungeons, navigating is done through menus instead and there are static images instead of 3D backgrounds. Gameplay in dungeons remains the same.

It's also clear that it's not clear which one is best. I do quite want the navigation round the town, given it is what I spend most of my time doing in 4.

The 20 hour epilogue chapter is in the version which does have non dungeon gameplay.

To be honest though, after playing 20 hours of P3FES, I honestly wouldn't miss the non dungeon gameplay that much. Environments are bland and slow to navigate round compared to Persona 4.

Anfebious said:
Sal.Paradise said:

It's not on 3ds http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=90649835&postcount=482

I still think it's coming for the 3DS . I don't know who the posters is but he sounds like a "reliable source". Either way we will know on the 24th right? :O

Lol, wanna take a bet?

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Munkeh111 said:
brendude13 said:

Ok, here it goes:

The 20 hour epilogue chapter is in the version which does have non dungeon gameplay.

To be honest though, after playing 20 hours of P3FES, I honestly wouldn't miss the non dungeon gameplay that much. Environments are bland and slow to navigate round compared to Persona 4.

Hmmm. The other thing is that when I look on PSN, all I can see is Persona 3 Portable (or a bundle with Persona 2 which raises more questions...)

Oh well, I still have to finish Persona 4. Then I'll be busy with my PS4 for a while, so I have plenty of time to make a decision

Persona 5 on PS4.

Sal.Paradise said:
Anfebious said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Lol, wanna take a bet?

I would love to do so. But I already bet Soriku xD. I told him that the game would release on the 3DS and PS VITA.

I am 100% confident of my claims .

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Sal.Paradise said:

That's duckroll who is known for being sort of trollish so you can't take 100% faith in his words

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

AstroGamer said:
Sal.Paradise said:

That's duckroll who is known for being sort of trollish so you can't take 100% faith in his words

Oh really? Well that' s a point for me! .

Come on guys Persona 5 for 3DS and PS VITA is a good idea! The more people that can play the game, the better! .