By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry Next-Gen Now: Ryse: Son of Rome (Drops Below 20fps)

Tagged games:

game looks amazing. fanboys will do anything they can to make it look bad. It isn't gonna work for me no matter how hard you guys try.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

I didn't know pre-rendered cutscenes were back in fashion.

They were never gone.

Game is still the best looking next gen console game to me, but the framerate drops are a lil disappointing. Though none of the reviews I read mentioned it much.

Dark_Feanor said:
@globalisateur

People have been expecting the PS4 to blow away the XOne in performance. What I said is that although the PS4 is more powerfull the first batch of games didn´t show any noticiable difference IF you are a ordinary gamer, they only way to tell which is "better" is playing both versions side-by-side and look at minor details in the background.

It´s not like a person will walk into a game store stare at both version and proclaim "Wow, the PS4 version is 225% better than the XOne". And I can ensure you, there will be people that won´t be able to tell current-gen apart from next-gen games.

Microsoft made a decision to sacrifice the GPU to achieve a relative good balance in game performance, multimidia, apps and power tconsumption.

those people need their eyes checked quickly or need to start eating a lot more carrots .  resolution plays a massive part in the graphics. it takes the assets you already have like texture and lighting and shading and justs makes them POP TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL of clarify and fidelity within a second of seeing it

So  that confirms  that DR3 is the game I will get with the Xbox One next year.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
DeadBigfoot21 said:
game looks amazing. fanboys will do anything they can to make it look bad. It isn't gonna work for me no matter how hard you guys try.

it does look good . just not killzone good . i think there are some killzone multi player maps thai look better than ryse single player at any given point from what i seen so far imo

AZWification said:

So  that confirms  that DR3 is the game I will get with the Xbox One next year.

Fron what I played DR3, Forza 5 and KI are good games...

this feels like cherrypicking

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.