By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

PLAY FU**IN* NINTENDO PEOPLE!

Around the Network

All those threads trying to hype it…New Ryse trailer, new gameplay, amazing and brutal combat, will have more depth then videos show, more Ryse, Ryse live action. And my personal favorite - Ryse is as fun as dialing phone numbers..

OT – With all the hush hush and embargo for this title, everyone knew it was going to be a review disaster. Hell, even Francis/Boogie2988 wasn’t allowed to say a word about it in his video with Major Nelson. Why bother keeping a bad game secret like that? So people won’t cancel their pre-orders at the last minute? Well that’s not going to work, gamers are smarter then Microsoft give them credit for as I am seeing a lot of feedback today and people cancelling their pre-order and excercising the right to vote with their wallet when shady business ethics are in effect. Here’s an article from yesterday that probably got a lot of hits and I fully agree with it.

http://www.lazygamer.net/video/ryse-embargo-raises-many-red-flags/

What do you expect from a developer that has a weird fetish for the letter Y.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Kyuu said:
Aldro said:

Expected. Terrible gameplay despite ..some people not seeing that and comparing it to God of War and stuff...

but but.. it IS like God of War :(

Around the Network
cbarroso09 said:

From the looks of the 3rd party sales and hardware sales on Wii U, maybe Nintendo fans should "PLAY FU**IN NINTENDO" first before trying to recruit PS and Xbox fans..

So? It sucks? Who'd of thunk.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

cbarroso09 said:

I want games, PS4 will have much more games that are not on Wi U in 2014

Based on the sales, we can say PS4 will also have much more exclusives.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I said in another thread on 13 November...

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5797396

"with Ryse and Dead Rising 3, i expect the first one to receive very mixed reviews and been something like Knack...., some 4's..., some 8's...., a 60-70 on metacritic at the end. And Dead Rising 3 it should be like Killzone SF, around 70-80. Forza 5 will have around 80-90 on metacritic being the most consistent next gen exclusive."

So far I nailed it. And I'm just waiting to do the same with Xbox One 1st week USA sales... (I said around 500-600k first week)

Wow, even Destructoid, which has been handing out 9's like candy, gave it a 5.

Regardless, I'm sure there are people out there who will like what Ryse brings to the table. The multi-player sounds alright, in any event. A shame about the campaign, though, honesty, red flags have been going off for me for a LONG time. They never would show off anything about the story other than the main character, never would get into any elements of the narrative except in a very ambiguous way, like that video about general who came back to take revenge on those who betrayed him. Seemed really shifty to me.

I'll be upfront, though, and say that the premise of the game never appealed to me from the start, so I'm going to abstain from judging too harshly. Anything that attempts to paint the Romans as some kind of noble people fighting against the evil barbarians is just too much for me to swallow. I would much rather be on the other side. Had this game been about sacking Rome, I would have wanted it, shallow combat be damned.