By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SandyVGina said:
I saw a commercial last night for Ryse, the graphics looked amazing. It did not look like gameplay though, only cimematics. Was the cinematics at least being rendered by the game engine?

Cinematics are said to be FMV, eurogamers statistics tool only kicks in for 3d engine stuff, and it wasnt kicking in during cinematic sequences.

Around the Network

Microsoft depending on outsiders to do their dirty work for them and the venture is a failure once more.

They never learn. Last gen: Silicon Knights= This gen: Crytek. 

P.S.

I called it that the gameplay was going to get old and repetitive since it incorrectly rips two superior games in combat with more years of practice in the genre. You dont need to play it, but rather pay attention to a combo string and it will tell you the story. Crytek always makes the prettiest game. At best what they did for Microsoft was show how pretty of a game the system could run.

Crytek is not gonna get a payRYSE

Come on u all knew that when polygon gave it a 7 itwas going to be garbo

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Frequency said:

Oh and before any of you call me a sony drone.

Have fun with your conspiracy theories guys.

Lol. I miss bomberman. Next gen comparison pic is also funny.

Around the Network

I can't be the only one that reads these reviews and comes to the conclusion that the original plan was to pack tons of QTEs, but after the E3 reaction and those were stripped this is all that was left. I don't think that would make it a better game, just calling it as I see it.

Well this surprises nobody. I mean, I get it, it had to be ready for launch and launch titles always kinda suck, but this and Knack both are just BAD. At least Ryse gets the graphics boost, or it'd be as low as Knack. Hell, Killzone only got the reviews it did because "DEM GRAFFIX!"

So we can all agree: Xbox One has the far superior launch lineup even WITH duds like Ryse.

Doesn't matter, the Xbox One has maybe 4 years of support before Microsoft kills it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Is 5 points higher than Knack, so I guess MS fans win.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Ryse = Knack
Dead Rising 3 = Killzone
Forza = Resogun

Guess its a tie

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft depending on outsiders to do their dirty work for them and the venture is a failure once more.

They never learn. Last gen: Silicon Knights= This gen: Crytek. 

P.S.

I called it that the gameplay was going to get old and repetitive since it incorrectly rips two superior games in combat with more years of practice in the genre. You dont need to play it, but rather pay attention to a combo string and it will tell you the story. Crytek always makes the prettiest game. At best what they did for Microsoft was show how pretty of a game the system could run.

But when a 3rd party makes a PS exclusive, its a smart business move and great for gamers.......sigh

What a oversimplification that honestly I would expect better from you

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.