By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Update: 94 on MetaCritic! Super Mario 3D World: A Game Once Doubted Is Now Highest Rated Game of The Holiday! Anybody Eating Crow?

Locknuts said:
curl-6 said:
Locknuts said:
 this has at least restored my faith in how DK might turn out.

Surely Retro's track record is reassurance enough? They've never made a bad game before.

I know, I know.....just......Metroid is what I wanted.

I hate to break it to you, but much of the talent behind the Prime series has left Retro.

Though a 2.5D Metroid game (and not the Other M type) could be in the cards at least. If not Prime 4.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
F0X said:
Locknuts said:
curl-6 said:
Locknuts said:

Surely Retro's track record is reassurance enough? They've never made a bad game before.

I hate to break it to you, but much of the talent behind the Prime series has left Retro.

Though a 2.5D Metroid game (and not the Other M type) could be in the cards at least. If not Prime 4.

Any idea which studios they went to? I'd be really interested to know.

F0X said:
Locknuts said:
curl-6 said:
Locknuts said:

well, as I understand it that talent left before the series was finished, right? That means Prime 3 was done without them, and it a damn fine game from what I hear. And DKCR was also done without them, and that game turned out alright. And further more, some of that talent left to form a new studio, that's been working on Batman: Origins: Blackgate - and THAT game didn't get nearly as much praise as Prime 3 and/or DKCR, which means that the most talented talents are still with Retro. Right?

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Locknuts said:
F0X said:
Locknuts said:
curl-6 said:
Locknuts said:

Any idea which studios they went to? I'd be really interested to know.

I know some went to Armature (or whatever it's called); the studio that made Batman Origins Blackgate to 3DS and Vita.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

F0X said:
Locknuts said:
curl-6 said:
Locknuts said:

Doesn't mean they can't still make amazing games. Prime 3 and DKCR still rocked.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Around the Network

most of the disappointment was in the direction they were taking it. I have absolutely no doubt that Nintendo knows how to polish ANYTHING to a 90+ game. They are the masters of all genres. They do something and they do it right. I just wish they picked a theme more suited to myself.

Well no that's not quite right, I hope that the theme they picked will be the one that turns the Wii U around. Anything Mario is going to be great, but will it work and save the system.

curl-6 said:
F0X said:
Locknuts said:
curl-6 said:
Locknuts said:

Doesn't mean they can't still make amazing games. Prime 3 and DKCR still rocked.

They left in 2008, well after Prime 3 was finished.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
curl-6 said:
F0X said:

Didn't stop DKCR being spectacular.

curl-6 said:
F0X said:
curl-6 said:
F0X said:

Didn't stop DKCR being spectacular.

My point was about Metroid. If Retro attempts to do a new Metroid game, I don't expect it to be quite like the Prime series.

Certainly some of the major developers of the Prime series have left Retro since finishing Prime 3, but it's not as though they cleaned house entirely. Most of the staff, even those who weren't in leadership positions at the time, have experience from making those games. And they've said recently that they have some ideas for Metroid when they return to it, so they haven't turned their backs on it entirely.

Retro is still more qualified to make a Metroid game than any other studio I can think of.