By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon: Xbox One to be biggest and fastest selling console ever - until the PS4 arrives

Max King of the Wild said:
Seece said:
Well yes, given PS4 releases the week after it makes sense for it to be #1 that week.

thats not whats really being said though. Amazon is saying X1 will be the best selling system.... until ps4 comes out and tops it the next week

That's exactly what Seece said.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

This is good news for the Xbox One actually, not sure why some people think it's bad news. If Amazon UK is expecting the Xbox One to be the fastest selling xonsole in the country, that puts it ahead of the previous fastest selling console, the 3DS, which sold 113,000 units in the UK on it's opening weekend. It's already looking like the Xbox One will sell almost a million on opening weekend here in the US, add on 113,000+ sales in the UK, plus sales from the other 11 launch countries, and the Xbox One is going to have an amazing launch. Microsoft doesn't need to beat Sony, they just need to stay a close 2nd.

I totally agree with you and will be the biggest launch overall but this article is in Amazon's history, not overall.

sully1311 said:
Seece said:
Well yes, given PS4 releases the week after it makes sense for it to be #1 that week.

thats not whats really being said though. Amazon is saying X1 will be the best selling system.... until ps4 comes out and tops it the next week

Amazon didn't say just that week though. Amazon expects PS4 to sell more than Xbox period, but expects Xbox to break the record for the most consoles sold for the week it launches.

allblue said:
theprof00 said:
allblue said:
theprof00 said:

They'll need all the hopeful wishing they can get. UK is xbox country. You know for a country that has so much in common with Japan (primary diet of fish and tubers, rainy island country, expensive tiny housing, weird fetishes, bad teeth) it's strange how totally opposite they are when it comes to the consoles. Good luck Sony!

As a Brit I've got to say what you've just said was a load of bullshit. Except for occasional fish and chips on a day out during the summer, our diet is far from "fish and tubers", in fact seafood is so expensive and difficult to prepare that most of us don't bother. We have occasional salmon but that's considered luxury and is imported from abroad. 

Yes the weather is wet and windy but we rarely have heavy rains like I would imagine Japan having. It just occasional light showers but because the weather tends to be grey and gloomy 6-7 months a year it gives the impression of raining all the time while it is not. Our houses aren't tiny, it depends on where you live, places like london are of course very expensive but its no where near crumped up like in Tokyo.

Bad teeth? Maybe in some remote of the england where the majorities are like farmers and well, I doubt they visit dentist even once a year. Our NHS health care might be not entirely efficient but most of us aren't that ignorant of our health, my teeth are very even, healthy and pristine, thank you.

Weird fetishes? I'll leave it to you to elaborate on that one. 

Oh, uh thanks. I'll update my post. Sorry I wasn't very accurate.

Yeah ok, sorry if I came across angry. Nothing personal, just felt that it incorrectly described us as a population. :)

To be fair, you've not done a much better job of describing us.

We eat far more fish than people from other countries.

We get our salmon primarily from Scottish salmon fisheries (Scotland isn't a foreign country yet) and while it is more expensive than many other varieties of fish it hardly qualifies rating as a luxury.

UK average house sizes are actually smaller than those in Japan by about 25% and are among the smallest in Europe.

Dental health, like the rest of our health corresponds closely to the prosperity of a location.  As such you will find that the greatest health issues are not in the relatively wealthy country, but in our inner cities.

That aside you're pretty much on the money! :)

sully1311 said:
Seece said:

thats not whats really being said though. Amazon is saying X1 will be the best selling system at launch.... until ps4 comes out and tops it the next week

Sorry, typo. Fixed it now. Forgot "at launch." And that is not what seece said. Seece is saying X1 launches, sells a bunch, drops off the next week when Ps4 launches and Ps4 1st week > X1 2nd week.

Around the Network

Inevitable.

shikamaru317 said:
sully1311 said:
shikamaru317 said:

This is good news for the Xbox One actually, not sure why some people think it's bad news. If Amazon UK is expecting the Xbox One to be the fastest selling xonsole in the country, that puts it ahead of the previous fastest selling console, the 3DS, which sold 113,000 units in the UK on it's opening weekend. It's already looking like the Xbox One will sell almost a million on opening weekend here in the US, add on 113,000+ sales in the UK, plus sales from the other 11 launch countries, and the Xbox One is going to have an amazing launch. Microsoft doesn't need to beat Sony, they just need to stay a close 2nd.

I totally agree with you and will be the biggest launch overall but this article is in Amazon's history, not overall.

Yeah, but if you think about it, if it's going to break the record on Amazon UK, the same will likely hold true for other UK retailers, so the Xbox One should break the UK fastest selling console sales record held by the 3DS.

and then be broken by the ps4

shikamaru317 said:
sully1311 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, but if you think about it, if it's going to break the record on Amazon UK, the same will likely hold true for other UK retailers, so the Xbox One should break the UK fastest selling console sales record held by the 3DS.

The two are not related. A lot more people are ordering items online nowadays. So just because Amazon are expecting more sales doesn't mean all retailers will. For both consoles. It may be true but I wouldn't take this as proof. I hope it is true.

shikamaru317 said:
sully1311 said:
shikamaru317 said:

and then be broken by the ps4

I guess you are happy for both X1 and PS4 that they are kicking some life into the industry? :)

Good timez to be a gamer!