By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Double Helix a respectable studio now?

Did Rare help them?

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
Did Rare help them?

Yes, their name's on the posters.

jlmurph2 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Did Rare help them?

Thought so.

Is that the Office?

Short answer: Not really.

Personally, I still don't think that new "Killer Instinct" looks very hot at all........*shrugs*

gooch_destroyer said:
jlmurph2 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Did Rare help them?

Thought so.

Is that the Office?

Lol yeah

Around the Network

What cracks me up about this is how little people cared for the series back in the day.

Sure it 'hyped' the N64 but it ended up on the SNES and whilst being very good and selling well it was all about Tekken and to a lesser extent Virtua Fighter back then, the whole 3D revolution.

By the time it did come to N64 people didn't care, both critically and commercially.

Now everyones hyped for a sequel to a game no one cared about?

Personally I love KI and will no doubt be all over this when I get an Xbox One but I'm just amused at everyone coming out from under a rock. Where were these fans in 1996/97?

This is in no way aimed at individuals in this thread, I'm just speaking as a whole since this was announced at E3.

retroking1981 said:

What cracks me up about this is how little people cared for the series back in the day.

Sure it 'hyped' the N64 but it ended up on the SNES and whilst being very good and selling well it was all about Tekken and to a lesser extent Virtua Fighter back then, the whole 3D revolution.

By the time it did come to N64 people didn't care, both critically and commercially.

Now everyones hyped for a sequel to a game no one cared about?

Personally I love KI and will no doubt be all over this when I get an Xbox One but I'm just amused at everyone coming out from under a rock. Where were these fans in 1996/97?

This is in no way aimed at individuals in this thread, I'm just speaking as a whole since this was announced at E3.

Everything a 10/10 when it's exclusive.

I guess we can trust Double Helix with a few more franchises as they are a better outsourced studio than say Sparks Unlimited but we can't be too trusting

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Shame that the lack of characters and modes lowered the meta.

Because from what I read the actual fighting mechanics are rock solid. And it is free-to-play. So there's that

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

KylieDog said:
retroking1981 said:

Obviously you were around then.  Was massively popular, especially in arcades.

True that, me and my cousins played that shit for hours! Good times!

P.S. By shit i mean its da shit and not its shit

PSN ID: clemens-nl