By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony buys back Crash?

@frequency
Oh that would be a kick in the balls if it's just showing old PlayStation stuff for the sake of nostalgia

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Unless Naughty Dog makes it then I don't really want.

I don't think that's fair at all; Naughty dog is a great developer, but they've moved onto more realistic, mature games.  Not sure if they have it in them to make a quirky toony game anymore.  Let one of the smaller teams or indie devs take it and see where they go with it; who knows, a combination of love for the source material and ambition might make it truly unique and interesting game! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Ohh my I would preorder a new Crash from Naughty Dog in a flash. I don't know of any other games than Rayman and Crash on the PS1 that made my early gaming days so freaking beautiful

I hope Sony doesn't both with this, waste of money imo. The industry has moved on, it wouldn't sell like it did during the PS1 era.

Blood_Tears said:
I hope Sony doesn't both with this, waste of money imo. The industry has moved on, it wouldn't sell like it did during the PS1 era.

debatable.

Given racing games sales same could be said, yet GT still does 10 million as if its destined to do so till the end of time.

Would all depend on quality, Nin can sale mario by the boat loads but lets face it quality is always there.

Around the Network

i would truly love that if its true.

my folks(family-relatives-friends) who i grew up with back in the 90s were very excited when i told them about the possibility of a new entry to the franchise on the PS4.

Well, personally, I think it'll be for the best for Sony to take it back.

Crash as an Activision (?) property is honestly useless. I think Crash really derives a lot of its value as being a mascot for PlayStation.

Mmmfishtacos said:
I dunno. Would be awesome. But it could be fan art and photos shopped.

Just did a search on amazon.fr and i can't find it.

If that's the case, that's an amazing fanart

A real, new stage by stage platformer similar to Crash 2, Crash 3 or even Wrath of Cortex would sell well.

The games were ultra popular, and even the dredges that Activision pulled out of the puss filled arsehole of creativity that were the Titans games managed to sell well enough for a continuation of the series (up to a point).

A rebooted Crash Bandicoot created by a competent dev team as an actual platformer like the games should be wouldnt sell the 7-8 Million units we saw with Crash through to Wrath, but the games would still be a great success.