By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My brand new PS4 just died....Final Update - 100% Dead and unresponsive. Pic in OP

Good thing it started again :). I have actually never had a faulty console (owner/owned Atari2600, Master system, Megadrive, Nes, Saturn, Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS1, PS2, Vita) so it always saddens me to here of these things. I am a bit upset with both MS and Sony for not producing consoles with enough durability. Nintendo seem to almost always make great hardware, to bad I am not as fond of their games :).

Around the Network

Ben was actually just trolling us the whole time, Oh you, Ben

I just got through the cutscene. So far so good. If anyone gets the Blue Pulse try doing what I did.

My brother was getting close to buying one...

Did you buy from Amazon or gamestop? Word of mouth is that its both of those locations that the faulty PS4s are coming from. I'm starting to think that the PS4 was made with cheap materials or something. Bang it around enough and something will come loose. In short, be careful with the system.

DarkD said:

Did you buy from Amazon or gamestop? Word of mouth is that its both of those locations that the faulty PS4s are coming from. I'm starting to think that the PS4 was made with cheap materials or something. Bang it around enough and something will come loose. In short, be careful with the system.

I don't think it matters were it came from, they are just distributers. the sorce is the same for all the consoles.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Around the Network
DarkD said:

So it's completely harmless to bang around my other systems constantly? Brb, taking my 60GB PS3 to the grand canyon with me....

STRYKIE said:
DarkD said:

So it's completely harmless to bang around my other systems constantly? Brb, taking my 60GB PS3 to the grand canyon with me....

Just because a console comes from amazon does not make it a certainty that it will be damaged, the packing of the consoles from what i have seen has varied wildly from a few air bags to a box that would barely close from padding, all from amazon.

platformmaster918 said:

No credit card information stolen from what I recall and identity theft protection given out anyway.

Well. Considering the extent of the hack, would you be willing to place your information on the table? I certainly wouldn't.
Anyway, it's besides the point, it happened and Sony should be castrated for allowing it to happen, people who defend it are just silly, they're a multi-billion dollar company after all.
The other part of it is it took them a week to notify people, which is downright silly.

And grats to the Op, May it stay operable! And may all your games be good ones!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

BenVTrigger said:
I just got through the cutscene. So far so good. If anyone gets the Blue Pulse try doing what I did.

From what I gather "blue pulsing" often means the PS4 is establishing the HDMI connection. If that just happens during gameplay there might be a loose contact there, so I think you should have a close look at the HDMI port/cable to see if there are any irregularities, as a few PS4s reportedly have been shipped with minor defects at the HDMI port, which can lead to the connection failing.

BenVTrigger said:

The failure stories on this console are no joke.

How many people are calling in with failures :/

Glad you're at least enjoying Killzone :)