By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My brand new PS4 just died....Final Update - 100% Dead and unresponsive. Pic in OP

BenVTrigger said:
Chevinator123 said:
BenVTrigger said:
WagnerPaiva said:
PS4 breaks, and you go on to play Assassins Creed 4, now that is a gamer.

No that thing in my sig just hasnt updated. It litteraly died 5 minutes ago.

Would you like pics?

have you tried fixing it...?

Its the blue pulse. Theres no known fix for it.

The PS4 is amazing guys but early adopters Im warning you make sure you get an extended warranty

What would lead to believe that these issues wouldn't show up now but after 1 year? It sounds like if you have a faulty machine, you find out real quick.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

What would lead to believe that these issues wouldn't show up now but after 1 year? It sounds like if you have a faulty machine, you find out real quick.

Well...

One year is enough time to sort out any potential kinks a console might have coming off the factory line, but poor thermal transfer between the SoC and heatsink/fan due to a bad thermal compound application or poor compound quality could result in a greatly shortened lifespan. The hotter the SoC runs for the greater amount of time, the sooner the failure. 

My original CECH-A01 PS3 died just under two years, probably because it had a good 5000-6000 hours of runtime on it, a good portion of which were at near 100% CPU (Folding@Home). So the one year warranty didn't cover it. I've had other heavy use PS3s die at around the 2 year mark as well. 

I generally don't pay for extended warranties on something I'm fairly certain I'll be buying more than one of in the future, but I am seriously considering going with the 3 year on the PS4 and will have until about mid-December (30 day window for new purchases) to make my decision. 

No joke, I threw my cousins PS4 and it hasn't crashed since. Not saying go around throwing your PS4s kids but it worked for me:D Just goes to show you the power of throwing!

greenmedic88 said:
outlawauron said:

Well...

One year is enough time to sort out any potential kinks a console might have coming off the factory line, but poor thermal transfer between the SoC and heatsink/fan due to a bad thermal compound application or poor compound quality could result in a greatly shortened lifespan. The hotter the SoC runs for the greater amount of time, the sooner the failure. 

My original CECH-A01 PS3 died just under two years, probably because it had a good 5000-6000 hours of runtime on it, a good portion of which were at near 100% CPU (Folding@Home). So the one year warranty didn't cover it. I've had other heavy use PS3s die at around the 2 year mark as well. 

I generally don't pay for extended warranties on something I'm fairly certain I'll be buying more than one of in the future, but I am seriously considering going with the 3 year on the PS4 and will have until about mid-December (30 day window for new purchases) to make my decision. 

Of course. My launch Ps3 is still kicking, but I can feel that its end is near.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i have an xb1 just to say.. both console are still pretty new ,and are still working out the new console bugs..so get you're ps4 replaced with a new ps4 from sony.. and everything should be ok..

Around the Network
Dangerousjo44 said:
i have an xb1 just to say.. both console are still pretty new ,and are still working out the new console bugs..so get you're ps4 replaced with a new ps4 from sony.. and everything should be ok..

Lol you bumped a November 2013 article xD

Dangerousjo44 said:

Why the necro bump ?