By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My brand new PS4 just died....Final Update - 100% Dead and unresponsive. Pic in OP

My cousin in US had his do the same thing. He got it from Amazon. I hope it is just a case of being unlucky as my order is from there too....

Around the Network

Why I do not do launch systems

So, Ben, were you enjoying Killzone?...did you play KZ2 and KZ3?..if you did, how would you compare their sp campaign to the one in KZ ShadowFall?

Holy crap this must be frustrating for you. Hopefully you can get it resolved soon.

I'm still somewhat skeptical on Amazon's reviews but there is no doubt that these system errors and failures have convinced me to wait indefinitely on getting one.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

hasonap said:
gergroy said:
hasonap said:

Do americans really have to buy 36months of warranty isn't that a normal thing?

Nope, standard is 90 days to a year.  Blame best buy, it is their fault!

Nah I know 90 to a year is standard but isn't there a 3 year warranty(manufacture) by default on electronics without buying it?

I thought at first that the 3 year warranty was insurance but apparently it's only warranty.

I live in Sweden by the way where if you have any problem that is part of the system's known issues you can get it replaced in those 3 years with the normal warranty. Some products and retailers have a 3/2/1 year insurance plan which is pointless if you have houseinsurance

I am talking about the manufacturer warranty.  Store level is usually only 15 to 30 days.  Again, it is all best buys fault for monetizing warranties!  We are the capitalist center of the world after all,c onsumers be damned!

Around the Network
JGarret said:
So, Ben, were you enjoying Killzone?...did you play KZ2 and KZ3?..if you did, how would you compare their sp campaign to the one in KZ ShadowFall?

Im one of the strange few who loved KZ3 and thought it was better than KZ2. Shadowfall has been amazing so far amd I was just starting Chapter 7 when my PS4 bricked.

I highly recomend it though it does have a few pacing issues. Easily the best looking console game Ive ever seen. So bummed I cant play it right now 

BenVTrigger said:
JGarret said:

Im one of the strange few who loved KZ3 and thought it was better than KZ2. Shadowfall has been amazing so far amd I was just starting Chapter 7 when my PS4 bricked.

I highly recomend it though it does have a few pacing issues. Easily the best looking console game Ive ever seen. So bummed I cant play it right now 

I read a few comments about it being harder than anticipated, even on normal difficulty..do you share the opinion?

JGarret said:
BenVTrigger said:
JGarret said:

I read a few comments about it being harder than anticipated, even on normal difficulty..do you share the opinion?

It is extremly difficult. My recomendation for someone not well versed in shooters to play through on easy the first time. Normal on this game is like Very Hard mode on most shooters

BenVTrigger said:
JGarret said:
BenVTrigger said:
JGarret said:

It is extremly difficult. My recomendation for someone not well versed in shooters to play through on easy the first time. Normal on this game is like Very Hard mode on most shooters

Are you also getting a X1 on launch day?...if yes, what games are you getting?

JGarret said:
BenVTrigger said:
JGarret said:
BenVTrigger said:
JGarret said:

Are you also getting a X1 on launch day?...if yes, what games are you getting?

Yeah I am. 

Launch day games Ill have are

COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Killer Instinct, and maybe Zoo Tycoon