By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My brand new PS4 just died....Final Update - 100% Dead and unresponsive. Pic in OP

oh dood I'm so sorry to hear that, first day console bricks are not fun. :-/

Around the Network

I'm late into this conversation but I'm just gonna say that we should not have to buy a warranty for new items like PS4 or Xbox One. It's bullshit that the business world is making us pay extra for something that the maker has screwed up. I never understand why we have to also pay for shipping out of our own dime for their mistake. The business that sold it to you should be taking care of it right away, not the customer.

superchunk said:
BenVTrigger said:
Been fighting with it all morning my PS4 is definitely dead guys

Did you contact Sony? Maybe just take it back to store. idk, if you can't reset the HDD, maybe you want to contact Sony for replacement.

Yeah Im trying to contact a replacement through work so I dont have to wait for 30 days for Sony to fix it. Gonna be hard though

ExistentialNihilist said:
need find priest for exorcism. hope it helps

a priest? from a nihilist & existentialist??

@ pemalite     (accidentally hit post instead of reply)

You are NAIVE if you belive that ANY server can not be hacked and will be hacked if someone who knows what they are doing is determined enough. If your cards are on any web server they are not completely safe.... Sorry to bust your bubble

Around the Network

@ Teriol

and why is that? It could have happened. I am not saying it did but it is possible. I think there is a 50/50 chance it is true but there is no way it happened on any mass scale without being noticed

Thats why i am waiting till next year. Launch systems are always faulty.

"Breakness awaits" 11-15-2013

In my country all electronics products has 5 year warranty under the law. :)

Too_Talls said:
DarkD said:
My brother was getting close to buying one...

Did you buy from Amazon or gamestop? Word of mouth is that its both of those locations that the faulty PS4s are coming from. I'm starting to think that the PS4 was made with cheap materials or something. Bang it around enough and something will come loose. In short, be careful with the system.

I don't think it matters were it came from, they are just distributers. the sorce is the same for all the consoles.

It could matter. Companies often ship product as it comes into them to their distributers. The shipment that Sony sent to Amazon could have come from a different factory or batch than was sent out to other distributers. So if there was something that happened durring the creation of that batch, it may only affect that batch.

At least thats how it works for my company. Sometimes we will get a bad batch of products in, that only affect that batch and we have to recall them from a vendor. The problem for us usually happens either at the maufacturer in China if something got into the process that shouldn't have. Or if somthing happened to our crate while being shipped from China to the US.

Where did you buy it from ???

You can try this

iv walked in to best buy and demanded a exchange on a "sold out product"

They will cry its sold out and new batch is spoken for.

Well to bad, I argued since I had pre ordered my pre order takes precedent and I deserve the first unit of the next batch since its failure is in no way my fault and it is under warranty.