By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the most overrated games this gen?

GTA 4. BOOOOORING!!

Uncharted 2 and 3.

Skyrim

Around the Network

Bioshock Infinite. It's script was B movie like.

Seriously, reviewers gotta been paid hard money on this one.

GTA V

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I second the Last of Us

Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Metal Gear Solid 4. Two of my most anticipated games of the generation; two of the biggest let-downs. Yet reviews still got caught up in the hype.

Around the Network

GTA IV without a doubt

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Skyrim, it got pretty boring after the first 20 hours or so. It wasn't able to keep me interested like Oblivion or Fallout 3. GTA IV as well. I have no idea why so many reviewers gave it a perfect score, it was such a mediocre game.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Forza 4 (91) - Forza 3 (92) was amazing, but FM4 was a huge step back for the franchise with free upgrade, weak AI, and a huge focus on racing modified cars (taking away a lot of the thrill). Yet it scored just as well, wth?

Fable 2 (89) and 3 (80) - very bland games in general, 1 button fighting

The Last of Us (95) - Great game, but not phenominal. People praise the game for being realistic for ammo constraints, but the ending is comical, and they still get you to kill way too many people. It's a good game, 8/10, maybe 8.5/10 material, but it's not better then Uncharted.

Heavy Rain (87) - I beat this game in one sit through, and predicted the killer early on. Plus I remember there were some obvious issues with the game like why didn't they ever question the Detectives Type Writer? The one he used regularly, not the murder letter typer? Plus the isn't wearing his gold watch in all scenes. On top of that I found the game to be very buggy, when the house caught on fire, a glitch let me just walk outside. I had to come back into the fire, into the fridge to continue the game.

Plus Halo and God of War 3 like you say, but I think Halo: Reach/Halo 3 are still worthy of an 8-8.5 score, just like TLoU.

Edit: Skyrim is also pretty bad, and Oblivion too. I beat Oblivion, it was worth $60, but it's nothing special except long and repetetive. Skrym is worse

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

MK Wii
Resistance Fall of Man (didn't play the others but meh)
GTA 4
Mad World
And Sonic Fucking Colours, if that's the best Sonic game in years I feel bad for Sonic die hard fans, honestly I do!

GTA 4. I used to get the PS2 games on day one, but GTA 4 was such a letdown that I'm still waiting on GTA 5. It really lacked its own character like the other games (Vice City and the amazing 80's setting and Miami Vice/Scarface influences comes to mind).