By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What would you Rate the PS4 Launch Lineup?

How would you rate the launch lineup?

Good 51 20.90%

Bad 73 29.92%

Decent 101 41.39%

See Results 19 7.79%

Total:244

honestly speaking, there are only a couple TRULY next-gen games here (not re-works of ps3 games I mean)

Knack, Killzone, Need for Speed Rivals (this is not counting digital games like Warframe or Resogun)

Knack is phenomenal the poor reviews really do it no justice, the main complaint is that it's too linear (but has anyone ever played crash bandicoot? ever?) it's fun, it pretty, oh and did I mention that it's FUN??

Killzone offers nothing terribly new to the FPS genre (like theres much left to add anyway) but it is a solid game, it's gorgeous, and will get an edge on having a great exclusive multiplayer only on PS4

Need for Speed is also awesome, although it's kind of just holding us off until we get Drive Club, or until we get a next-gen Ridgeracer or Gran Turismo.

just these three games alone are fairly good for a line-up, not to mention all of the ports. I would not be (or even come close to) saying that this is a 400+ dollar good investment, by itself. BUT we know this is where the future of gaming is going to be, and we have plenty of great titles on the way (Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts III, Uncharted 4, Tekken X Street Fighter, Guilty Gear Xrd, Infamous Second Son, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Natural Doctrine, The Order 1886, Project Phoenix, and seriously I could go on)

in short: decent start, bright future.

Around the Network

Serviceable. Nothing there saying I need it, but if I was held up at gunpoint and forced to buy one, I'd be satisfied.

Michael-5 said:
outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:

I feel scores are over-inflated nowadays, while most of these games are scoring 70-80, they deserve 60-70.

With that said, I voted decent. Sega Dreamcast, Gamecube, X-Box 1, and Wii had a better line-up. I think a good launch lineup needs at least 1 much have title, and PS4/XBO lack that. Dreamcast had Sonic Adventure, Cube had Pikmin/Luigi's Mansion, and Melee followed 2 weeks later, XB1 had Halo, PGR, and Dead or Alive 3, among others, and Wii had Zelda/Wii Sports

Be specific.

I think Battlefield, Killzone, Assassin's Creed and pretty well every big name game in the launch line up is over rated. Not just for PS4, but in general I feel high budget games never get the scores they really deserve because they fund gaming websites with ads.

Need for Speed especially, no NFS game deserves a score above 75/100, except maybe the original Most Wanted.

I feel Knack got the only honest score, and that's a 60.

----

So why I say PS4 is average is because there is no gem in the lineup. N64 for instance only had 2-3 games in the launch lineup, but Super Mario 64 was a game people bought up until the console died, it was awesome. Twilight Princess for Wii was much the same, and I gave other examples above.

A launch is suppose to have at least 1 game which justifies why someone developed a console. Killzone and 7/8th gen multiplats don't do this, they just give you reason to play a game in 1080p. Wii Sports and Super Mario 64 on the other hand, justified a new console, you could not play a game like that in any way on the Gamecube/SNES.

Not necessarily, the Dreamcast's talking points at launch were an arcade port, and a cancelled Saturn game.

outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:
outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:

I feel scores are over-inflated nowadays, while most of these games are scoring 70-80, they deserve 60-70.

With that said, I voted decent. Sega Dreamcast, Gamecube, X-Box 1, and Wii had a better line-up. I think a good launch lineup needs at least 1 much have title, and PS4/XBO lack that. Dreamcast had Sonic Adventure, Cube had Pikmin/Luigi's Mansion, and Melee followed 2 weeks later, XB1 had Halo, PGR, and Dead or Alive 3, among others, and Wii had Zelda/Wii Sports

Be specific.

I think Battlefield, Killzone, Assassin's Creed and pretty well every big name game in the launch line up is over rated. Not just for PS4, but in general I feel high budget games never get the scores they really deserve because they fund gaming websites with ads.

Need for Speed especially, no NFS game deserves a score above 75/100, except maybe the original Most Wanted.

I feel Knack got the only honest score, and that's a 60.

Have you played BF4, KZ: Shadow Fall, AC4, or NFS Rivals on PS4?

And there's no way in hell Knack is a 60. At least, not based on where I am in the game.

I've played BF4 and AC4 on a higer end PC, and played a bit of the Killzone in a store demo so yes I have played these games.

The jump to 1080p on PS4, while visually appealing, doesn't make the games play better either, so had I played them on PS3 it would of made no difference. AC, KZ, and BF are good games, but not phenominal. Good should be 70's, not 80's.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Meh, I cant complain, it was decent. I have alot more games this time around than i did when the x360 launched and they all look and play great so far, besides some networking hiccups.

The only disappointment is BF4 multiplayer is buggy shit and wasnt ready and still isnt ready for pc and that has been out almost a month now. CoD works perfectly and I still havent seen this "slowdown" or "choppiness" yet.

Around the Network

I think it's okay when compared to most console launches. Resogun looks great, and Battlefield 4 is a huge step up from the previous gen iterations as it can now host 64 players in a match.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

bad, i would say decent based on quality of the games, but i guess my main problem iss the lack of diversity of genres

7/10. But I'm factoring in that launch lineups tend not to produce the best games, at least lately.

Nintendo: C+

Microsoft: C

Sony: C-

Good overall. Considering all other launch lineups before it were trash (yes, ALL of them), you could even argue that's it's great.

Of the games I've played:

Killzone: Shadow Fall - So far 7/10. The SP is boring in my opinion. I liked the infantry/team style of the old games. Going solo in a fps is a snooze fest to me. The multi-player is awesome even though the menu system for it is laughable.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - So far 9/10. Truly a step up from the last two in the series. I haven't had this much fun with an Assassin's Creed game since Brotherhood.

Flower - 9.8/10. Even better looking and just as endearing as the PS3 version.

NBA 2K14 - TBA. I haven't even played it yet, because I know it'll take away too much of my time. I'll finish Killzone's SP first before tackling it.

Battlefield 4 - TBA. I got it for free. I probably won't get around to it for a while.

COD: Ghosts - 4/10. I not dumb enough to spend money on this, so I just watched the campaign on Youtube. It's ugly, there is no recoil in the guns, and they took the final scene from Modern Warfare 2 frame for frame and threw it in here with different characters like it was new. Fuck COD.

I am the Playstation Avenger.