By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 analog sticks are garbage

Mmmfishtacos said:
So you walk into a store, give the sticks and Indian rub burn for several mins and then complain that they are garbage? Wow.. only on the internet.

Ok, now let me explain to you what you did. The rubber on the DS4 sticks are a coating, when you rubbed on the sticks for half an hour you heated that rubber up which caused it to separate and break down. It's a natural rubber, it's not something that you'd use on a car tire, but should hold up to above average use. What you did wasn't even above average use. You tried to break them and you succeed congrats!

Very underrated post.

Around the Network

So in my xbox controller review thread i'm a sony fan and in this thread i'm a xbot, gotta love that logic. Maybe i'm a consumer who doesn't like untested merchandise. Already had to deal with the PS3 when that came out and how unrealible it was.

I cant stand the parralel analog sticks, you think they would have kept up with the times and made the appropriate changes.

Seece said:
jayson1 said:
Sounds like an xbox lover hating ps4. All I know is every review says otherwise, my dual shock 3 is great. So dual 4 can only be better!

Everyone in here calling each other fanboys are fucking irrational.

Griffin is a Sony fan for starters.

And to Griffin, this is definitely an isolated incident outside of a few (out of 1 million ..) so I hardly think it's Sony fanboys not being able to face the truth or w/e ...

If this is just an isolated incident then where could the problem be,  bad batch of rubber, some sort of chemical in the process of making the sticks, or is this just controllers coming out of one factory or region.  We know they switched the rubber from the PS3 to PS4 controller and this is worrisome.

Griffin said:
So in my xbox controller review thread i'm a sony fan and in this thread i'm a xbot, gotta love that logic. Maybe i'm a consumer who doesn't like untested merchandise. Already had to deal with the PS3 when that came out and how unrealible it was.

Don't know what to tell you.  I've aggressively used the joysticks to play multiple games for about 10-15 hours.  Not a single issue.   My only problem is their stiffness which is a stark contrast from all previous Sony consoles.  In terms of quality -- it's been fine.  Both the one included with the console (And the 2nd one bought from a different location off the shelf).

To me,  you come across like a fanboy (Regardless of what you own).   What PS3 (Unreliability issues did you experience?)

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
So you walk into a store, give the sticks and Indian rub burn for several mins and then complain that they are garbage? Wow.. only on the internet.

Ok, now let me explain to you what you did. The rubber on the DS4 sticks are a coating, when you rubbed on the sticks for half an hour you heated that rubber up which caused it to separate and break down. It's a natural rubber, it's not something that you'd use on a car tire, but should hold up to above average use. What you did wasn't even above average use. You tried to break them and you succeed congrats!

+1. I played around with the demo unit at my store for a while. I wasn't silly enought to think, "Hm... I think maybe some day I will rub it extensively and create friction so let's see how it holds up." However, from holding the unit and using it the why I, and really any normal gamer, would normally do then I can comfortably say the controller is a solid piece of hardware.

scat398 said:
I cant stand the parralel analog sticks, you think they would have kept up with the times and made the appropriate changes.

because offset sticks makes no sense? why would you want your thumbs at 2 different angles, thereby giving different amounts of pressure in different directions on the sticks?

Good thing that I actually take care of my stuff.

That's pretty messed up considering the controller wasn't yours and you basically just damaged someone else's property...

Is this thread serious? You think that the DS4 sticks start to erode after 1 minute of play?

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League