By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 analog sticks are garbage

pokoko said:

The top of the stick in the first picture is all scratched up.  I can't think of why that would happen naturally.  Maybe the person's thumb nail but I don't see how that would occur with normal play.  Does the thread explain that?

Regardless, this is why I don't buy launch systems.  If there is a problem, it should be fixed by the time I'm ready to make a purchase.

To be fair, that first picture was a demo unit that came under heavy use. On the other hand, the thread has several people with pictures of worn DS4 sticks. 

I won't be buying for a while either, that's the wisest choice.

Around the Network

There will be no pictures. And its a shame so many of you fanboys can't overlook your love for Sony to see a very large problem the controller suffers from. My test consisted of moving the analog stick in a circle, if a controller is unable to sustian one minute of testing then it will fall apart wihin most homes in less then a month.

Sounds like an xbox lover hating ps4. All I know is every review says otherwise, my dual shock 3 is great. So dual 4 can only be better!

Ive played thru the whole KZ campaign and the pads are fine, zero sign of any wear.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network

Do us a favor just buy an xbox one and keep giving Microsoft a bagillion dollars. PS4 is having overall great reviews and the controller has been getting great reviews also. End of story.

Griffin said:
There will be no pictures. And its a shame so many of you fanboys can't overlook your love for Sony to see a very large problem the controller suffers from. My test consisted of moving the analog stick in a circle, if a controller is unable to sustian one minute of testing then it will fall apart wihin most homes in less then a month.

Oh... your serious... well... when you intentionally destroy a demo unit's controller and try to call it crap when people on this forum actually own a Ps4 and have extensively used their controllers and don't experience any problem and think they are great.... then what do you expect their reactions to be?

jayson1 said:
Sounds like an xbox lover hating ps4. All I know is every review says otherwise, my dual shock 3 is great. So dual 4 can only be better!

Everyone in here calling each other fanboys are fucking irrational.

Griffin is a Sony fan for starters.

And to Griffin, this is definitely an isolated incident outside of a few (out of 1 million ..) so I hardly think it's Sony fanboys not being able to face the truth or w/e ...

Ill be really surprised if we hear of the xbox1's sticks disentigrating or cracking. Those things look like they were built to last.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

So you walk into a store, give the sticks and Indian rub burn for several mins and then complain that they are garbage? Wow.. only on the internet.

Ok, now let me explain to you what you did. The rubber on the DS4 sticks are a coating, when you rubbed on the sticks for half an hour you heated that rubber up which caused it to separate and break down. It's a natural rubber, it's not something that you'd use on a car tire, but should hold up to above average use. What you did wasn't even above average use. You tried to break them and you succeed congrats!