By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report Says Critics Favored Wii U’s Launch Line-Up More Than PS4 Launch Titles

Like I said before, people are buying ps4 as a long term investment. A good launch lineup doesn't compensate for the mega drought Wii U had all year. Ps4 guarantee a good flow of games in 2014 from both end, first parties and real third parties that really sell the system. People always forget that xbox and playstation are multiplatform console. Even though they sell a good amount of first parties, people buy them primarily for third, precisely the area wii U is lacking.

Around the Network

I don't even waste my time with reviewers anymore, I don't really understand where do they come with the grades from... mainly after some stupid reviews that rated Killzone Mercenary (best FPS I've ever played in a portable, that looks just as good as PS3 games) lower then Resistance Burning Skies, 90% of reviewers complained that the combat in Gravity Rush was too hard, while for me as soon as I got used to it was really easy and I rarely missed a Nevi...

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

I just wonder if any console launch will ever repeat what Dreamcast did with Soul Calibur? For me, console launches almost always are disappointing in the quality of games.

Puppyroach said:
I just wonder if any console launch will ever repeat what Dreamcast did with Soul Calibur? For me, console launches almost always are disappointing in the quality of games.

I would argue the original Xbox did just that with Halo.

And NES, Game Boy, SNES, N64 and Wii launched with all-time great games too.

TheEspionage said:
pezus said:
Clearly there is something else selling the PS4

A shit ton of hype lol xD

I second that notion. Nintendo apparently even get the word out that wii u is a new console. MS suffers from verbal diarhea. Sony diffenatly knows how to polish a turd.

Around the Network

you don't buy a console just to play its launch line up, games will release frequently

I will guarantee ps4 and Xbox1 will have more titles every year than Wiiu

both are real next gen console's

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Metallicube said:

PS4's launch lineup makes the Wii U's look good, and that's hard to do. I'm baffled as to how well PS4 has sold out to gate when I look at the mediocrity found throughout its launch lineup. Seriously, what are the games that people are finding such interest in and running out to spend $450+ on, because I don't see them? I guess Killzone looks decent, but that game is the definition of derivative...

Nice try, but this is the definition of derivative  

Stay in school, Wii U fans. 

ps4tw said:
Well lets be fair, im not sure anyone wants to follow in the wiiu's footsteps

shots fired.

Yeah, I don't think the Wii U is a good just of character when it comes to success. However, the article overall is correct.

Critics generally liked the Wii Us launch line up more than the PS4s guys, there is really no arguing that.
But honestly, that is important because...? The Wii Us problem wasn't its launch line up and it won't be PS4s either, seriously people need to stop making the launch games of a console into something uber important, cause they are not.
Case in point the Dreamcast had a great launch lineup, didn't help it one bit.
The original Xbox had Halo at launch, the console still only sold a fracture of what the PS2 did, same with the N64 and Mario 64, that console was still way behind the PS1.
And what about the PS1/PS2/PS3? Oh yeah they all had bad launch line ups with very unremarkable games and look where they ended up.

yvanjean said:
Well your buying the system for a 5 year period not for the launch lineup. PS4 is much more promising then the WiiU.

Don't give them that perfectly sound sense of reasoning.. This biased report from a Nintendo site will likely be the highlight of their console's lifetime :P

Moderated,

-Mr Khan