By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report Says Critics Favored Wii U’s Launch Line-Up More Than PS4 Launch Titles

Salnax said:
Moral of the story: games don't matter.

Hype is what matters, of course.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Looks like in a few years game reviews will be just as relevant as movie reviews.

Salnax said:
Moral of the story: games don't matter.

Obviously, or else the Wii U wouldn't have sold a single console during the first half of this year.

Really, though, people buy a console because of the launch line-up?  That kind of amuses me.  I would think that fans of both Sony and Nintendo buy consoles based on past experience and the inherent potential of the respective first-party development teams, not to mention announced third-party titles.

I bought a tangerine tree earlier this summer.  No, I didn't buy it just because it had three tangerines already on it, I bought it because I think there will be many more tangerines in the future.

ethomaz said:

Knack the most hated game by the reviewer is a good game... gamers are playing it... it is simple, fun and good.

I don't know what the reviewers expected but Sony delivered what the costumers expected.

Yes, you are right. The game is not intended to impress everyone and mostly reviewrs. The game is targated towards kids and people who don't know much about playging game, so they make it simple combat system and story(which is bashed more) instead of complicating it. Afterall, Playstation is all about developing games for every kind of people who can and cannot, not only just for focusing on gamers. 

I love this game and really like to play in co-op with my friends/kids who can't play games to have fun. btw the game also has approx 10 hours of content and collectiables.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

The report is made by a Nintendo fanboy. Don't belive me? Just click the link/see the name of the website/see the reactions to the ''article''

Around the Network
Somini said:
The report is made by a Nintendo fanboy. Don't belive me? Just click the link/see the name of the website/see the reactions to the ''article''

While that's certainly possible all he's doing it comparing numbers on metacritic.  Anyone can do it and come up with the same conclusion.  How much that conclusion matters is debatable, but who had the better launch lineup as far as metacritic scores go really isn't.  

I remember when sales didn't matter but review scores did, *sigh* #PS3Memories

MohammadBadir said:

This generation those memories are renamed WiiUMemories it seems. You can't have it all i guess!

Somini said:
MohammadBadir said:

This generation those memories are renamed WiiUMemories it seems. You can't have it all i guess!

It's funny how the Sony fans changed their tune this fast.

MohammadBadir said:
Somini said:
MohammadBadir said:

It's funny how the Sony fans changed their tune this fast.

It's been 7 years. That's fast? WiiU was the second coming just a couple of months ago! You tell me, which is faster?