By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - One Million PS4 units Sold In 24 Hours!!!

Rustynail said:
attaboy said:
Rustynail said:

Folks, get an Xbox One instead. Better games at launch, no Blue Light of Death, no ugly design and no ugly controller. The PS4 is just an over rexpensive Ouya. Microsoft were the ones who invented online gaming and servers. Microsoft were the ones who revolutionized FPS on consoles and they were the ones who made the easiest platform to make games to. Game developers constantly complained about making games for the PlayStation 2. They needed to, because it was the biggest console around, but it was apparently a pain in the ass to develop for. Sony simply didn’t care about making it easy on developers – they knew that if their system was popular enough, it wouldn’t matter how hard it was to develop for. They were right. But with the Xbox, Microsoft made sure that developing for the system was as simple as possible. The company made it like developing games for the PC, which has always been the easiest platform to work with (and to port from). Id Software ported over Doom 3 and added in console-exclusive features, and Valve even put its extremely popular Half-Life 2 onto the Xbox (even if it didn’t run all that well).

Microsoft were the ones who made the West more important to the industry. During the 1990s, there was a mentality that Japanese game developers were significantly better than those based in Europe or the US. That was likely due, in part, to the fact that all of the console makers were based out of Japan – they shared more with their own countrymen, giving them earlier access to early development kits while massive US companies like EA were forced to purchase retail hardware from Japan and reverse-engineer it in order to make their games. Simply put, Nintendo, Sony, and Sega didn’t always play nice with foreign developers. But once the Xbox hit the scene, they had to. Suddenly, there was a large American console on the market, made by a company with a history of supporting developers. It opened the door for a number of studios to start making games on consoles that otherwise would have stuck to PC development, and led to a massive spike in the number of US and European publishers making AAA games.

Sorry.  Xbox snoozes and loses.  PS4 is out now so that's what we're all getting.  Your off-topic walls of text have not convinced anyone to make that $500 purchase.

The PS4 hasn't got many positive reviews, a lot of games have been delayed for it, there's simply nothing interesting to play on it at launch, no games that already aren't availble on the last gen, no backwards compatibility, it's faulty buggy and crappy. That's why Sony rushed the console to release it before the Xbox One. Most PS4s just don't turn on, when you play it for more than an hour, read the costomer reviews on the internet.

Unlike others, Microsoft learned their lesson from the RROD, and If it wasn't for the original Xbox you wouldn't have played Battlefield, Call of Duty and maybe not even Assasin's Creed on your PS4. You should be grateful for what Microsoft did with the Xbox. I've been an Xbox gamer from day 1.

Around the Network
Rustynail said:

The PS4 hasn't got many positive reviews, a lot of games have been delayed for it, there's simply nothing interesting to play on it at launch, no games that already aren't availble on the last gen, no backwards compatibility, it's faulty buggy and crappy. That's why Sony rushed the console to release it before the Xbox One. Most PS4s just don't turn on, when you play it for more than an hour, read the costomer reviews on the internet.

Unlike others, Microsoft learned their lesson from the RROD, and If it wasn't for the original Xbox you wouldn't have played Battlefield, Call of Duty and maybe not even Assasin's Creed on your PS4. You should be grateful for what Microsoft did with the Xbox. I've been an Xbox gamer from day 1.

Okay, okay! You convinced me. Now don't hurt me.

*slowly backs away*

Should add this to op

pezus said:
Rustynail said:

I'm very grateful (isn't that what you want to hear?). That doesn't mean I need to buy it. Now get out of this thread with your off-topic propaganda.

No, he obviously knows over 50% of those PS4 don't even turn on, that MS also invented consoles and gaming in general all by themselves. It was totally Microsoft who invented call of duty.

Great news for Ps4! Congrats to Sony! 

Around the Network

This is not impressive....

This is Insane !!! Better than the PS2 and the Wii !!!!!

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

pezus said:
veritaz said:
attaboy said:
Rustynail said:

Sorry.  Xbox snoozes and loses.  PS4 is out now so that's what we're all getting.  Your off-topic walls of text have not convinced anyone to make that $500 purchase.

It came out of no where lol. I had to laugh when it said ugly design though considering the other consoles have a worse design.

That guy must be a joke account. "MS invented online gaming and servers" - LOL

They did and Microsoft were the first ones who succesfully pulled of online gaming. Without Windows you wouldn't have played Counter Strike. Speaking of Xbox Live – the original Xbox’s addition of Live service completely changed the industry. Even though the Dreamcast tried to do the same thing, the ability to add friends online and play games with them seamlessly hadn’t been perfected on consoles until the Xbox. This was partially because of Microsoft’s relatively ballsy decision to disallow dial-up connections – something that was still relatively common when the Xbox launched. By refusing to allow slow connections, Microsoft was able to build the framework for fast, competent online multiplayer that would change the industry forever. 

Rustynail said:
attaboy said:
Rustynail said:

Folks, get an Xbox One instead. Better games at launch, no Blue Light of Death, no ugly design and no ugly controller. The PS4 is just an over rexpensive Ouya. Microsoft were the ones who invented online gaming and servers. Microsoft were the ones who revolutionized FPS on consoles and they were the ones who made the easiest platform to make games to. Game developers constantly complained about making games for the PlayStation 2. They needed to, because it was the biggest console around, but it was apparently a pain in the ass to develop for. Sony simply didn’t care about making it easy on developers – they knew that if their system was popular enough, it wouldn’t matter how hard it was to develop for. They were right. But with the Xbox, Microsoft made sure that developing for the system was as simple as possible. The company made it like developing games for the PC, which has always been the easiest platform to work with (and to port from). Id Software ported over Doom 3 and added in console-exclusive features, and Valve even put its extremely popular Half-Life 2 onto the Xbox (even if it didn’t run all that well).

Microsoft were the ones who made the West more important to the industry. During the 1990s, there was a mentality that Japanese game developers were significantly better than those based in Europe or the US. That was likely due, in part, to the fact that all of the console makers were based out of Japan – they shared more with their own countrymen, giving them earlier access to early development kits while massive US companies like EA were forced to purchase retail hardware from Japan and reverse-engineer it in order to make their games. Simply put, Nintendo, Sony, and Sega didn’t always play nice with foreign developers. But once the Xbox hit the scene, they had to. Suddenly, there was a large American console on the market, made by a company with a history of supporting developers. It opened the door for a number of studios to start making games on consoles that otherwise would have stuck to PC development, and led to a massive spike in the number of US and European publishers making AAA games.

I could have sworn Assassins Creed didn't start as a franchise until the 7th gen. So why does the original xbox matter to it? And MS have nothing to with developing any of thos fra..... Actually. Just go away posting complete crap.

RECORD!!!

Never a console in the history did that...

AMAZING.

My prediction was way wrong... bad bad bad... I predicted only 800k.

I wonder what numbers EU will pull out.