By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture

Mr Khan said:
It's not impossible: sabotaging a high profile product launch would be a good way of lodging protest in a country where going on strike is deemed counterrevolutionary

Then the 8-12% of xbox one machines being made there will see some failures too.

Though, that said, its only one particular foxxconn factory or the multiple they have that is hiring students and paying them... the same as everyone else working there is paid..  so if they were indeed sabotaging the products they were assembling, then we are going to see a small portion of the xbox ones DOA too.

but regardless of all of this, if we assume that theres at least 10,000 DOA ps4's currently (that would be a fair estimate, if, a little excessive) and roughly 1 million have currently shipped to customers, then we have a failure rate of 1%, the industry threshold for failure rate being acceptable is generally regarded as being 5%, which would be 50,000 DOA ps4's, so other than the vocal minority experiencing issues right now, I would say that it's well within acceptable parameters.

I will say the same of the Xbox One when it launches, some are going to fail, and the media will spin it to be an epidemic, "RROD2" and so on, even if the rate is below the 5% (xbox 360 slim failure rate is roughly 4%), but we are still going to see mass hysteria just as we have done for every single problem on every single console.

Who here remembers the DRE problem on PS2, the HDD failures on Xbox, Power adapter problems in Xbox, Lasers failing in PS1, YLOD in PS3, RROD in Xbox 360, Tray eject issues in Xbox 360, , Firmware update bricking on PS3, disk scratching on xbox 360 and ps3?, all instances where the media went in to a frenzy, all issues everyone thought would spell doom and gloom for each console, all issues nobody in the end really cared about.

Xbox 360 fats had a failure rate of well over 30% over their lifetime, one of the biggest failure rates in games consoles ever, yet theyre still set to sell at least 85-90m lifetime.

Around the Network

Thank You Asian man for not breaking my console!

PSN: B_U_L_L_D_O_G_G

XBL: BiggBully

Wii: 6629 9857 7201 4139

I have a feeling this is the same fiasco that happened with the original PSP launch... and the ps3 launch... a certain company..... cough... decided to release false info on forums to sabotage future sales.... wouldn't doubt at all that most of the reports are fake... my ps4 which was a launch day console is running perfectly fine with hours upon hours of work

mM

If this is true, going off the translation supplied earlier in this thread, it seems like there is also a grudge towards the Japanese as well.

My poor translation...

Such a high-end product,
this is the first step for Sony and Microsoft to work together and fight against apple,
unfortunately,those japanese hands this job over to Foxconn,
and Foxconn pass it over to intern like us,
they've made a mistake,they really did,
Foxconn didn't treat us as human,and we're not gonna treat it as a high-end product too,
its just handle and handle,taking care of...the only we hope for,
is all these products are able to turn on normally,ha...ha...
just wait until the official launching of PS4 on 9th Sept (this doesn't make sense),it'll be the day for Sony to bear loss and Foxconn to get bankrupt,
let's pray together...

Around the Network

It's a hellhole like foxconn, who knows... not impossible

Sorry for the bad taste joke anyways amazon is stoping sells of the ps4.
I got my ps4 from there is ok

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Yes ps4 was made at other factory's

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Every hardware launch have a 3-8% cases of hardware failure... when PS4 surpass these number call me again

coolguy said:
These interns should be lined up and shot

No one should say something like that, not even as a joke.

I hope that you were joking.