By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Foxconn Intern Claims to Have Sabotaged PS4 Manufacture

yep. they did not sabotage Wii U because those interns liked it more!

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Yeah, Sony should have shipping information to show which PS4s came from that specific Foxconn. That's probably why they're halting sales at just Amazon and why just about all their customer service calls are coming from Amazon specifically. Amazon probably got the majority of the ones in that Foxconn.

That actually makes sense in a way. Just like your disgruntled waiter spitting in your food. (Yeah that really happens)
More sense then bad shipping methods anyway. Kind of a brilliant move in a way, screw up the launch of a new major product to draw attention to your work conditions.

However the truth is probably far less exciting then intentional sabotage. More likely that there's a bunch of inproperly trained workers screwing up assembly at one particular site.

Not buying it, if they purposely set out to 'sabotage' something it would be foxxcon itself in which case we would be having all manner of electronics currently being highly defective, but the reality is that failure rate it still very low, if they truly were specifically ps4's they did a piss poor job, a few hundred out of over a million? Right.

Darth Tigris said:
Really? Nobody is doubting this, even a little??? SERIOUSLY???

Is this really what we've come to???

I have plenty of doubt. This is the most convientient scapegoating sony could come up with. Remember, sony is can do no wrong.

Gamecube said:
Darth Tigris said:

I have plenty of doubt. This is the most convientient scapegoating sony could come up with. Remember, sony is can do no wrong.

yes, because sony came up with this....

Around the Network
Darth Tigris said:

Apparently so. Since when has random forum poster ever been given such credence? I'm going to need more than forum post to believe such claims.

Gamecube said:
Darth Tigris said:

I doubt Sony has anything to do with this. If you looked at the links (the screenshot and the one given by the ign thread- where the poster asks how to remove a thread) you might've noticed they were posted in August and September respectively.

So, when China have fair working laws we will have reliable next gen consoles? That will not take long...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

I still can't believe they had interns making the launch systems...huge mistake by Sony imo especially considering from the story the interns were studying completely different subjects and knew nothing about this.

Try to think before you post.

hsrob said:

Hey guys, a translation (via my wife), sounds like total nonsense.

"This is a high end product that Sony and MS came up with, with the intention to defeat Apple.  Unfortunately the silly Japanese people gave it to Foxconn, and Foxconn gave this to us poor interns from the Northern Information Technology University, they were wrong, they were truly wrong.  Foxconn didn't treat us like humans, we in return didn't treat it (PS4) as a high-end product. We gave in no particular attention, our highest expectation is for it to turn on properly, haha! When the PS4 launches on the 9/9/2013 it will be the day Foxconn and Sony suffer the consequences, losing money and closing down.  Let us pray for it."

I put on google translator your wife's translation and match exactly with the article. Damn! I thought it was a joke

We reap what we sow