By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Subscription Service Idea

How much money would you be willing to spend per year for this?

$200 4 33.33%

$300 3 25.00%

$400 1 8.33%

$500 3 25.00%

More 1 8.33%

Total:12

Just realized Microsoft stole my idea from 2013 and released Gamepass in 2017. I demand financial restitution!

Around the Network

I would be willing to spend Xbox game pass for PC price so 120 a year and if they'd throw their online in too maybe 200, but not a cent over that.

dx11332sega said:
trunkswd said:

I am okay Microsoft listened to you. Game Pass is an amazing deal. If Nintendo did their on Game Pass I'd be more than willing to pay the same price as Game Pass for Nintendo's version. So $10/month or $120/year.

If dulfite was also into Sony they should hire him for the plan :)

PS5 is the closest I've ever been to getting a PlayStation. In the end, I decided for a high end gaming laptop instead of it or an Xbox lol. But the rumors of PS games coming to PC were hugely influential in that decision. It isn't that I hate Sony games, I just haven't really had an opportunity to try them. For years it was because of my hatred for PS controllers compared to Nintendo/Xbox ones. But now that problem doesn't exist due to third party controllers that play more like Xbox controllers. Now my excuse is I'm 30, married, have a daughter and another one on the way, and I simply don't have the time to play all the games I wanna play on Switch and Gamepass PC, let alone a third platform. I just don't have the time, people! lol

But yes, if Sony ever makes something like Gamepass (PS Now is not on the same level), then I demand financial restitution for that as well.

I would pay nothing, because I dislike subscription services. I wanna own the movie, the game, the music to use it as often as I want for as long as I live. I'm just the physical media guy.

siebensus4 said:

I would pay nothing, because I dislike subscription services. I wanna own the movie, the game, the music to use it as often as I want for as long as I live. I'm just the physical media guy.

FYI this op was from many years ago lol.

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:

The shitty thing is that quite a few games are going to be incomplete in future years, since what's shipped on the disc/card is only part of the game. See, e.g. Animal Crossing.

noname2200 said:
siebensus4 said:

The shitty thing is that quite a few games are going to be incomplete in future years, since what's shipped on the disc/card is only part of the game. See, e.g. Animal Crossing.

If it was incomplete in an unsatisfying way, then sales for the game wouldn't have been as high as they are. It was obviously complete to a satisfying level for 30+ million people to buy it. Plus, they made it clear from the get-go that they would have more content coming, and they did have more (not a lot until this major 2.0, but they did have some). Also, I'm not sure anyone expected for them to include as much free content as they are in the 2.0 update (it's a LOT of stuff), and I didn't see anyone making predictions about the massive expansion planned (granted, that one costs money, unless you do NSO+ then it's free, so it will be free for me). Also, with AC, part of the joy is it having new things every so often. If it launched with everything in 2.0 at launch, it wouldn't be as special of a game. Other games you want to be 100% complete at launch, but AC is a unique title.

Dulfite said:
noname2200 said:

If it was incomplete in an unsatisfying way, then sales for the game wouldn't have been as high as they are. It was obviously complete to a satisfying level for 30+ million people to buy it. Plus, they made it clear from the get-go that they would have more content coming, and they did have more (not a lot until this major 2.0, but they did have some). Also, I'm not sure anyone expected for them to include as much free content as they are in the 2.0 update (it's a LOT of stuff), and I didn't see anyone making predictions about the massive expansion planned (granted, that one costs money, unless you do NSO+ then it's free, so it will be free for me). Also, with AC, part of the joy is it having new things every so often. If it launched with everything in 2.0 at launch, it wouldn't be as special of a game. Other games you want to be 100% complete at launch, but AC is a unique title.

It was accepted as complete precisely because necessary updates were promised and delivered, but let's not forget that the game originally shipped without some major holidays (Easter, Halloween, Christmas, etc), and shops (Redd, Leif, etc). I'm not slamming the game for this, and I know it was a conscious choice, but it does mean that a cartridge in 2030 is going to be a very different, much less complete game, and I think that part is kinda shitty.