By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - One of the saddest days in gaming history. :(

As you may know, I'm a Sony fanboy.

I've had my 60gb PS3 since Feb-Mar 2007 and its been the focal point of my entertainment system since then.

In Mid-January I picked up my 360 since my friends talked me into it.

Ever since I picked up 360, I haven't touched my PS3.

So getting to the sad part, for the first time in my gaming history...The PS3 is sitting in the closet, not hooked up to the TV. A Microsoft console took top spot in my entertainment centre. Since 1997, a Playstation family console has been hooked up to my TV. So As of Feb. 12, 2008 my PS3 is in the closet. :(  

It took 11 years, but I have a non-sony console hooked up. (This is only till GT5, KZ2, MGS4, etc or whatever the next good game is)

Around the Network

If you consider this to be the saddest day in gaming history, it's a good thing you weren't around when E.T. came out for the Atari 2600.

Or worse, imagine if you were a Sega gamer in japan just being told that even though your country was buying the Saturn, the company was ditching it for the Dreamcast.

You'd be locked in the bathroom crying right now.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

lol I may have been overdramatic! Its just that I've been a sony fanboy for 11 years and now my PS3 is in the closet!

I've switched loyalties several times over the years, first change is the biggest although anymore not the striking sega vs nintendo one

He said it, the Sony is in the closet... Sony just needs to come out of that closet already, we all know you're SUUUPERRRRR! *fairy style*

Enough with the innuendos about Sony's sexuality, it may be for the best, one of the saddest days in gaming history for me would be waiting 10 years for Starcraft and deleting it off my computer that day because I had no time to play ='( or the day I realized GC wasn't going to defeat Xbox at least, that was a true crime against gaming ='( or the day I found out no more games for my Sega CD, I personally think Sonic CD was the best Sonic game ever...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Dude, it's not sad - it's a day of awakening. You understand one thing - that the world isn't flat - that the sky isn't falling - and that the 360 isn't satan. You have just expanded knowledge. Welcome. Now, if others could take that journey, this world would be a much better place.

Dayyyummmm thats a lot of innuendos!

Well its only in the closet until the first game from the list below comes out, or ones that'll be announced later:

Gran Turismo 5, Killzone 2, MGS4 (i'll rent it), SOCOM, Haze, Home (I'll have to download it), White Knight Chronicles (not story...chronicles),

MaxwellGT2000 said:
He said it, the Sony is in the closet... Sony just needs to come out of that closet already, we all know you're SUUUPERRRRR! *fairy style*

Enough with the innuendos about Sony's sexuality, it may be for the best, one of the saddest days in gaming history for me would be waiting 10 years for Starcraft and deleting it off my computer that day because I had no time to play ='( or the day I realized GC wasn't going to defeat Xbox at least, that was a true crime against gaming ='( or the day I found out no more games for my Sega CD, I personally think Sonic CD was the best Sonic game ever...

Am i the only one that for some reason is reminded about R. Kelly and South Park? hahahaha.

@ Madskillz: 360 isn't satan? I still think it is...*grumbles*

And imagine being a Nintendo gamer who just found out that Final Fantasy was jumping to the playstation!

or what about all those Sega gamers finding out EA wasn't going to support the Dreamcast?

And don't even get me started on the tears of many a red ringed 360 gamer.

And then there was the time...

My god I'm a videogame curmudgeon...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.