By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - One of the saddest days in gaming history. :(

madskillz said:
Dude, it's not sad - it's a day of awakening. You understand one thing - that the world isn't flat - that the sky isn't falling - and that the 360 isn't satan. You have just expanded knowledge. Welcome. Now, if others could take that journey, this world would be a much better place.

Yeah, have to agree with you here, i really cant stand the whole "brand loyalty" thing.  If they make a good product, they make a good product.  If they make a shitty product, dont tell me its a good product simply cuz you like the brand.  Ive owned multiple systems from sega, nintendo, sony, and microsoft.  Some systems i feel were crap, others were great, some were underappreciated.  I have no loyalty, i go with what seems good.

Personally, IMO, if their wasnt so many consumers stuck with brand loyalty, everyone would benefit because companies would work harder to make decent products, rather then relying on that since people like the brand, they will buy it anyway.  

Around the Network
madskillz said:
Dude, it's not sad - it's a day of awakening. You understand one thing - that the world isn't flat - that the sky isn't falling - and that the 360 isn't satan. You have just expanded knowledge. Welcome. Now, if others could take that journey, this world would be a much better place.

The world isn't flat?

@op, why not at least keep your PS3 hooked up for the mp4 playback, best DVD upscaling capabilities, and Blu-Ray?

I understand not using it to play games, but why this. Why?

Is your entertainment center that cramped.  Hell I still have a VHS player hooked up- why? you may ask

because I like to keep my options open.

Plus if you are concerned about there being too many gaming consoles in one entertainment center, dont be.

IMO the ps3 doesnt really look like  a game machine, just turn it on its side and bam! - it's a digital sound receiver or something.  

Sony may never forgive you for this one. But as a nice token of appreciation from xbox, you might just get lucky with an RROD 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Hm. Going from one console to another isn't really "sad." I would say that if you had quit gaming all together, that would have been pretty sad. Not the saddest day in gaming history, just YOUR gaming history.

Sad? Now you have access to a pretty good size library of great games. You should be smiling! :D Enjoy the games! :)

I've never been too much into the brand loyalty thing, either. I think the only time I've ever had 1 console for a generation was when I had the NES. Otherwise I had a SNES/Genesis, Saturn/PS1, PS2/Dreamcast, and now 360/Wii.

What was sad was me buying a f*cking Sega 32X (for $150!!!) only to have it discontinued shortly thereafter :( :( :( I still bought a Saturn though :-p

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

i still use my comodore64, i love that machine, you can beat turbo out run, and buggy boy

Around the Network

Not cool :( *turns back and walks away*

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Oh, and you should post this thread in the "Sony" forum, too! hehehe ;-p

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

thing change i also thought i was a ninyt fan only until p1 and ps2 but now again im a ninty fan

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
thing change i also thought i was a ninyt fan only until p1 and ps2 but now again im a ninty fan
So you are a sheep of the populous.... you should change your avatar to be like Avinashi_Tyagi

Or when EA got the exclusivity for Madden

Or realizing Earthbound/Mother 3 was awesome and you would never play it. (me!)

Or realizing you bought a virtual boy.

Or having your 360 RRoD a couple of days before the big game (me!).

Or Sega leaving the hardware business when Dreamcast was the best hardware for the money (me!)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.