By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New Ryse gameplay. Amazing Visuals and brutal combat. Stunning detail.

sales2099 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
sales2099 said:

Id use metacritic to measure critical acclaim, and sales measure success. Its common misunderstandings like this where I feel there should be dedicated definitions of things to prevent further misunderstandings lol.

Sales? Id say under a million without bundles. But hey, vgchartz isn't a one trick pony. Meta talks are run of the mill here too.

Call me optimistic but I think the game will do 1.5-2 million copies without bundles. 

Would be nice. I just go by "aim low and get surprised" rather then "overestimate and damage control"

Fair enough.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
selnor1983 said:
bananaking21 said:
honestly, the game looks boring.

Really? I love combaat games. I like how Crytek arent filling the game with pointlessly easy platform sections or needlessly easy puzzles. 

instead they are filling it with shallow combat and easy enemies. honestly looking at this game i would NOT want to do any finishing moves or get more XP to unlock more, i get it, finishing moves are cool! well the first time, the second time, the third fourth and fifth. but darn it gets boring after it. you just look at a finishing move in fucking slow motion time after time after time after time, it gets tidious, and quickly too. you know you have a broken game mechanic when the players do not want to upgrade and earn xp as doing so would only unlock what makes the gameplay even more boring. and ad to that, the game is ALL just this gameplay, no puzzles, no platforming nothing in between. hit, deflect then watch a slowmotion death that can never ever fail, then repeat. 

What do you expect from the combat system?  Did you watch teh interview where they sadi they hired roman fightign expert as hey are going ofr the exact way the romans would have fought back in those days. If that shallow gameplay then the entire GOW series is shallow  and other Hack and slash titles. How do you it doesn't have puzzles? just because they haven't shown it ,, doesn't mean it doesn' thave any

It looks beautiful but the gameplay seems too repetitive. If it's like that everytime then It's like playing assassin's creed with only it's combat intact and everything else excluded. Of course they did show that group gameplay thing wherein you can shield and attack as a group.

sales2099 said:
Aldro said:
Yeah this looks absolutely terrible imo

This applies to you. Enjoy!

To clarify: The gameplay looks to be terrible and I have actually played it myself too.

It looks like Xbox's God of War, don't kill me for saying that, that's a good thing.

Around the Network
Aldro said:
sales2099 said:
Aldro said:
Yeah this looks absolutely terrible imo

This applies to you. Enjoy!

To clarify: The gameplay looks to be terrible and I have actually played it myself too.

Now I know, fair enough :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Looks really, really boring. Like Dark Souls if it was piped through the UE3 engine (Batman). Really hope games go a different direction in the 8th gen than this mindless, easy-as-123 gameplay.

Meh.

Looks nice though.

dane007 said:

What do you expect from the combat system?  Did you watch teh interview where they sadi they hired roman fightign expert as hey are going ofr the exact way the romans would have fought back in those days. If that shallow gameplay then the entire GOW series is shallow  and other Hack and slash titles. How do you it doesn't have puzzles? just because they haven't shown it ,, doesn't mean it doesn' thave any

this is the exact way romans used to fight? sure......

and please dont compare the gameplay of this to other hack and slash tittles like DmC or GoW. those are MILES ahead of this. 

Preordered ryse and forza (and titanfall) but to be honest i really thought MS would launch with Halo, a new Gears Game, a New Viva Pinata, Alan Wake 2, a new PGR and some XBLA Games. I still don't know why i thought this would happen and after releasing Judgment and Halo4 on the 360 the Last Year i knew i could bury my Hopes. Two years ago i Had heard some rumors about a Studio recording Car Sounds for a new PGR. I may be naive but i think they knew three, four years ago that they will Launch a new console sometime around 2014.