By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Update: Sony announcing game set in space, might be a new or old IP. Naughty Dog game hinted?

bananaking21 said:
Talal said:
Carl2291 said:
Oh fuck off.

No way

No fucking way.

Just saw that comment on gaf! Omg!

If it really is back at Sony who's going to handle it? Naughty Dog?

i dont get it, whats the picture supposed to be?

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Oh fuck off.

No way

No fucking way.

Wait what where is this from?

betacon said:
Carl2291 said:
Oh fuck off.

No way

No fucking way.

PS4 launch video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dR28fXFDMI

betacon said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dR28fXFDMI

~40 seconds in

gergroy said:
eFKac said:
I would be really dissapointed if it was an ND game set in space, that would also mean that Uncharted 4 is most def not developed by ND.

Well, traditionally naughty dog has moved on to new ips at the start of each console generation, so them passing uncharted to another studio wouldnt actually surprise me that much.  However, they are bigger now with multiple teams, so there isnt any reason why they couldnt still do uncharted and a new ip, unless they are just sick of the franchise...

As you see yourself, a lot has changed with ND's situation. There is no tradition anymore. New IP during the same gen never happened before, moved away from platformer genre (while Uncharted has some traversal elements which is a kind of link to that, The Last of Us has pretty much none), they've always ended their trilogy's with a kart racer, didn't happen (thank god ). And as you said they have 2 teams now as far as we know, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Uncharted 4 from them, especially since it's such a commercial success, Playstation's hottest first party franchise at the moment, growing with every iteration (UC3 no doubt will overtake UC2 and soon). So maybe in the past when Sony was dominating, they could give their studios absolute creative freedom, now I would expect them to push ND to do another Uncharted. And god I hope so!

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Oh fuck off.

No way

No fucking way.

As Activision are the current owners, 

Im gonna go with the BOMBSHELL that is.....

Exclusive Crash character for PS4 version of SKYLANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MEGATON!!!!

Cheers Talal and Carl2291, also notice papa the rapper on the garage door, pretty hyped now * setting my self up for disappointment.

Xenostar said:

As Activision are the current owners, 

Im gonna go with the BOMBSHELL that is.....

Exclusive Crash character for PS4 version of SKYLANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MEGATON!!!!

Talal said:
betacon said:
Carl2291 said:
Oh fuck off.

No way

No fucking way.

PS4 launch video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dR28fXFDMI

looking at it there is also a heavy rain origami picture at the end.

just like this one

I do remember a bunch of Crash levels that were set in space.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!