By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 broken systems.

Though the PlayStation 4 won't be released in North America until Friday, some users who have obtained early access to the systems are reporting broken displays. An IGN retail PS4 stopped outputting through the HDMI after the user began downloading Netflix. Kotaku's first retail system also reportedly had a faulty HDMI jack that would not output a signal. Two other users on NeoGAF, who obtained early access to their consoles via a Taco Bell promotion, also reported similar problems with HDMI outputs. Based on reports from at least one user, Sony has been responsive to warranty claims and is shipping a replacement unit. As is the case for all PlayStation hardware, the PS4 is covered by warranty for twelve months.

It's not unusual for the early runs of console hardware to experience trouble. There are nearly limitless relationships between hardware, software, and user behavior. While many of the incompatibilities can be cleared up during testing, the scale of interactions when the console goes public is bound to reveal numerous otherwise unpredictable problems.

IGN has reached out to Sony for comment but has not yet heard back. Users who are experiencing trouble are encouraged to contact Sony support 1-800-345-SONY.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems

Probably just a few systems but still interesting. 

Around the Network

so its a faulty hdmi port it seems

Azerth said:

Yeah sucks for some of those people who won their consoles. Now they have to wait a little while longer. 

Thank you for Beta testing :D

NobleTeam360 said:
Azerth said:

Yeah sucks for some of those people who won their consoles. Now they have to wait a little while longer. 

but with ign and kutoku getting the same error doesnt sound like its just those that won them

Around the Network

on the neogaf the person managed to fix his!!!

Azerth said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Azerth said:

but with ign and kutoku getting the same error doesnt sound like its just those that won them

Oh yeah I didn't mean it was just people who won it. Although I am glad I didn't get a launch console. (Always something wrong with them). 

I don't wish anybody to have problems with their launch consoles. I would be devastated.

This is the reason i don't buy consoles at launch. I would much rather play a launch console at my friends house and wait a year for any issues to be resolved and then buy one for myself.

HappyLion said:
This is the reason i don't buy consoles at launch. I would much rather play a launch console at my friends house and wait a year for any issues to be resolved and then buy one for myself.

Off topic but that lion in your sig is huge.