By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 broken systems.

if i get my PS4 and its broken i will be so pissed

Around the Network

This means pretty much nothing till we get enough reports or Sony makes an official statement. Calling it a "disaster" is just silly to say the least. Just like statistics, if you don't have a large enough number of cases studied, the results are completely useless.

Yeah sorry to hear that, think that PS4 has a very solid console and may be the upperhand system for next gen. But for gods sake I hope all that RROD bla bla stops now from Sony Fanboys and hopefully we few left on the Xbox side of gaming don't have to experience something bad ourselves at launch.

FiliusDei said:

Not really, his ps4 is not working again.

After he did ingenious stuff like removing the harddisk while the console was running..... At some point in (t)his drama you simply have to say: He deserves what he got.

It seems like a batch of PS4s with bad soldering at the hdmi port centered on the Taco Bell units. If that turns to reality, we might see a lot of DoA units within that batch in the next weeks. Given there is a 2% chance of DoA with any electronic gadget, we will see a shitstorm of "Broken PS4 reports" within the the next 2-3 days. And in two weeks, the same shitstorm will happen with 2% broken XBox Ones.

That's just a period in the launch window both companies have to survive more or less gracefully. I don't envy the people on the customer service phones in the next weeks...

PDF said:
arcane_chaos said:
on the neogaf the person managed to fix his!!!

Same with a person on twitch.

the person on twitch has the problem back again, and I am betting the one on gaf is just pushing the broblem back, not fixing it. u can't fix a hardware issue by not opening the console. 

Around the Network

hope not widespread could be financial disaster

drkohler said:

After he did ingenious stuff like removing the harddisk while the console was running..... At some point in (t)his drama you simply have to say: He deserves what he got.

It seems like a batch of PS4s with bad soldering at the hdmi port centered on the Taco Bell units. If that turns to reality, we might see a lot of DoA units within that batch in the next weeks. Given there is a 2% chance of DoA with any electronic gadget, we will see a shitstorm of "Broken PS4 reports" within the the next 2-3 days. And in two weeks, the same shitstorm will happen with 2% broken XBox Ones.

That's just a period in the launch window both companies have to survive more or less gracefully. I don't envy the people on the customer service phones in the next weeks...

In short the Resolution war will move into the Higher Failure Rate war. 

There issues are holding me to import the console right now... I will wait until the Brazil launch to see if they are isolated.

Resolutiongate update:
XB1=720p
PS4=0p

POE said:
bubblegamer said:
POE said:
damn, the perfect console is not perfect!!!

Try harder next time.

Are we expecting every PS4 to not break now? 3% hardware failure is expected when it comes to electronics. That means 30000 broken consoles for every million sold.

Not that you were wondering! Your game has a different name, am i right?

So the console is still perfect? Yahoo!!

Funny how the Wii U had practically ZERO complaints of actual hardware issues, lol... Throws that little "fact" right out the window, doesn't it? Lol...