By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dice : PS4 Lead platform

PS4 lead platform confirmed, much better performances for the futur ea games, like dragon age 3, mass effect, star wars, ...

"PS4 & Mantle will drive Frostbite design and optimisation going forward"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715118

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Great to hear!!! I want to see AMD being competitive again so that Nvidia can't just shamelessly jackup the prices for no real reason apart from greed... I just hope there is indeed a big difference when the update comes out in December for BF4

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Sentence from amd :

""The PlayStation 4 blew me away but I’m conscious about being too positive about it because of course we have other partners that are competing."

AMD's chief graphics architect, John Gustafson

Remember this quote?

"The PlayStation 4 blew me away but I’m conscious about being too positive about it because of course we have other partners that are competing." — AMD's chief graphics architect, John Gustafson

ethomaz :p

Around the Network
Aerys said:

Not sure is Etho was serious heh.

Honestly, as a lover of all things Sony, I don't like this one bit. I don't want the Xbox fans to feel how we all felt when the multiplatform games were superior on 360 than Ps3. I hated getting all those inferior ports like Skyrim (although I still logged 150+ hours). The competition should come with the exclusive games. Not people the developers are lazy or choice to focus on one platform. I really don't like that. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

also, we learned this : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715035

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKnhcsRTNME

If someone wants to make a thread abbout the PS4 secret audio chip :)

the-pi-guy said:
ps3-sales! said:
Aerys said:

Honestly, as a lover of all things Sony, I don't like this one bit. I don't want the Xbox fans to feel how we all felt when the multiplatform games were superior on 360 than Ps3. I hated getting all those inferior ports like Skyrim (although I still logged 150+ hours). The competition should come with the exclusive games. Not people the developers are lazy or choice to focus on one platform. I really don't like that. 

There is a difference between inferior and "broken" ports though.  I don't think we'll see something like that, unless Xbox One is really difficult to develop for.  Which I doubt is the case.  

Hopefully you are right.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:

I was a bit joking but the quote is real... a guy in GAF posted it but I remember the AMD big guy saying that in an interview.

ps3-sales! said:
Aerys said:

If they dont want to feel like that, they can save $100 by buying a PS4.

If the games are inferior here, its because of Microsoft choices about Kinect, so if a man wants kinect, he takes the One and  accepts the inferiors, and he blames microsoft for that, not the dev (because they dont have to suffer of microsoft choices) , not sony.