By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - If Obamacare fails, then what?

Vikki said:
You could do what we Europeans do and just get universal healthcare ;)

But as soon as we do that the Bolsheviks will rise from their graves and institute War Communism and before you know it we'll all be living on Collective Farms eating grey bread.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Vikki said:
You could do what we Europeans do and just get universal healthcare ;)

But as soon as we do that the Bolsheviks will rise from their graves and institute War Communism and before you know it we'll all be living on Collective Farms eating grey bread.

Ofcourse! How could I be so silly. We Gosh Darn commie brits! *munches on grey bread*

]

To those who suggest moving to Canada if Obamacare fails, let me ask you this...

Do you think that Canada's current health care system, specifically designed for a country with less than 35 million people, could handle, say, 300+ million people (12 million of whom are illegal) with a much more socially diverse makeup than what they currently have north of the border?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Obamacare will fail because rednecks/low to middle income people in America commonly vote against popular measures that benefit them because they usually fall for the conservative media fear campaign. Some information and a conducting research into public health care in Europe and Canada will actually reveal that Universal Medicare is a good thing and its benefits far outweigh its costs.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Obamacare will fail because rednecks/low to middle income people in America commonly vote against popular measures that benefit them because they usually fall for the conservative media fear campaign. Some information and a conducting research into public health care in Europe and Canada will actually reveal that Universal Medicare is a good thing and its benefits far outweigh its costs.

^

Coming from a Brit, Americans confuse me. Like, I'll never understand how low income householes ever vote republican, the party that will make them even poorer.

]

Around the Network
Vikki said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

^

Coming from a Brit, Americans confuse me. Like, I'll never understand how low income householes ever vote republican, the party that will make them even poorer.

people vote conservative cause they dont want hand outs they want to earn for themselves and be their own people, and realize that just cause a promise is made doesn't mean it will happen. OIbamacare is the best example of this. democrats practice to much bait and switch, and can't keep the promises they make as they are unrealstic. Also money isnt everything, some people are happy with what they have and dont crave more. and on top of it all we are a massive country with 300+million people, from many backgrounds and ethnicities, we cant use a one size fits all solution for things. But if you really look closely at it, what you'll see is that republicans and democrats aren't much different from each other. they both want more tax and regulation, the party of the future is the tea party.

Vikki said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

^

Well, A, that's not actually always been the case....  Espeically at the state level.

and B.  Voting is more important than "What is it going to get me."

Things like personal beliefs and long term sustainability are more important.  Or SHOULD be.

The "what do i get" view of politics is why most polticial parties are so fucked up now.   Why we have so many economic busts and why they never are foward thinking.

thranx said:
Vikki said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

^

people vote conservative cause they dont want hand outs they want to earn for themselves and be their own people, and realize that just cause a promise is made doesn't mean it will happen. OIbamacare is the best example of this. democrats practice to much bait and switch, and can't keep the promises they make as they are unrealstic. Also money isnt everything, some people are happy with what they have and dont crave more. and on top of it all we are a massive country with 300+million people, from many backgrounds and ethnicities, we cant use a one size fits all solution for things. But if you really look closely at it, what you'll see is that republicans and democrats aren't much different from each other. they both want more tax and regulation, the party of the future is the tea party.

Demography suggests that the tea party is the party of the past almost by definition.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
thranx said:
Vikki said:

^

Demography suggests that the tea party is the party of the past almost by definition.

Are you sure?  All the demography studies i've seen on the tea party have shown that they're basically very evenly represntative of the population demographics as a whole.

Sure they aren't portayed that way... but actual demographics...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/127181/tea-partiers-fairly-mainstream-demographics.aspx

pretty much dead on mainstream.

Actually far more representative proportionally then either Republicans or Democrats.

Mr Khan said:
thranx said:
Vikki said:
Dark_Lord_2008 said:

^

One of the things I like to research is politics and I can firmly say your bsing. You most likely doing a generalization based on some news show who told this but never looked it up. I'm not even a tea party member and I know generalizing people like that is flatout dishonest without facts.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max