By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Day 1 patch makes COD: Ghosts SP 1080p on PS4 (All Videos Comparisons Are Wrong)

Tagged games:

Haha, oh man, this is such a debacle. Can we now agree that, for at least COD:Ghost you can't make out the difference between the version no matter what resolution they run in?

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
ethomaz said:
crissindahouse said:
that let thousands of "you clearly see the 1080p advantage of the ps4 version" comments sound pretty funny.

The MP parts of the videos that shows clear difference is right at least... just the SP is almost the same.

thousands of people should still feel very stupid now. I know that i would feel stupid if i would have seen something like "this is native 1080p, you see it so easy" which wasn't there just because i'm an idiot fanboy who desperately tries to see something to get an orgasm. (i mean some posters on the internet in general, not that i could call someone out for that)

What people thought was the 1080p difference was actually just the anti-aliasing and lighting and particle difference. This would also be clear proof the the ps4 performs better in all three of those aspects as well.

theprof00 said:
crissindahouse said:
ethomaz said:
crissindahouse said:
that let thousands of "you clearly see the 1080p advantage of the ps4 version" comments sound pretty funny.

The MP parts of the videos that shows clear difference is right at least... just the SP is almost the same.

thousands of people should still feel very stupid now. I know that i would feel stupid if i would have seen something like "this is native 1080p, you see it so easy" which wasn't there just because i'm an idiot fanboy who desperately tries to see something to get an orgasm. (i mean some posters on the internet in general, not that i could call someone out for that)

What people thought was the 1080p difference was actually just the anti-aliasing and lighting and particle difference. This would also be clear proof the the ps4 performs better in all three of those aspects as well.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/day-one-patch-brings-cod-ghosts-single-player-to-1080p-on-ps4 They were 1080p and 720p 

jlmurph2 said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/day-one-patch-brings-cod-ghosts-single-player-to-1080p-on-ps4 They were 1080p and 720p 

That depends entirely on which cmoparison review you are talking about. The pics I saw were overlays where indeed the resolution looked exactly the same aside from better smoke rendering, and aliasing on lines and towers.

IGN may or may not have both been in 720 or 1080 or whatever, but I'm talking about the pics in the one thread I cared to look in, the digital foundry thread. It hasn't been confirmed that DF had a 1080 version, nor have we yet seen actual comparison shots from post patch.

IGN also said it was choppy in some parts, yet supposedly the patch to 1080 is supposed to fix the choppiness, since it's no longer rendering into another output. While not a confirmation, that would support the idea that despite IW saying IGN got a 1080 copy, that may or may not be true, so let's just wait for the new comparisons to go up.

Funny and lame at once. Ps4 version already looked better, now it will look much better. I dont get why they had framerate issue though...

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
prayformojo said:
Puppyroach said:
Can any game developer make a proper game anymore? Everything seems to need patching :).

You can thank MS for that. I remember telling everyone back in 2000 that MS entering the console world was a bad idea. By making HDD standard and online connectivity a "must", this was all but inevitable.

Oh, stop it, constantly trying to find ways of blaming everything bad on MS is so tiresome. Grow up.

I could lay blame on all three companies if I wanted to, but in this instance, MS was the one who got it because you were bitching about rushed IP and it was the original Xbox that allowed for that to happen.

If you have a counter argument, I'd love to hear it instead of insults and dodging tactics.

jlmurph2 said:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/day-one-patch-brings-cod-ghosts-single-player-to-1080p-on-ps4?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Update: Activision has confirmed that the version of Call of Duty: Ghosts made available to IGN for review (and displayed in the video embedded below) was presented at native 1080p. The issue described below and the corresponding day-one patch only affect retail copies of the game.

OK, now I'm confused.

I think it's hilarious that we're at the begining of a new generation of console gaming and at the ouset we're sill trying to get 1080p at 60fps as standard. Isn't that suppose to be the standard now, or am I expecting too much? Is this the standard for PC gaming? (the questions are not geared specifically towards you, but to anyone in this thread )

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

lolz!!! dem gaming journalists!!!(from both sides)

jlmurph2 said:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/day-one-patch-brings-cod-ghosts-single-player-to-1080p-on-ps4?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Update: Activision has confirmed that the version of Call of Duty: Ghosts made available to IGN for review (and displayed in the video embedded below) was presented at native 1080p. The issue described below and the corresponding day-one patch only affect retail copies of the game.

The video was confirmed 720p already... pixel count.

BHR-3 said:

is it just my browser or what?

why is DFs new comparison tool have two rows i cant move the magnifying glass and see both pics at the same time WHY!?

Worked fine to me... I click over one pick and the two zooned picks below move to the same place I'm moving over the first pic.

BTW PS4 version in 1080p needs to look close to the PC version in 1080p... now the Xbone version looks like this PS4 version in 720p.