By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Day 1 patch makes COD: Ghosts SP 1080p on PS4 (All Videos Comparisons Are Wrong)

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:

BHR-3 said:

umm does it look like that with firefox browser? with firefox the pc pic is below the ps4 i even tried a clean install of firefox

Firefox showed the picture one after the other not aligned istead of side by side... if I rool the page to see the bottom picture I can't move over the smaller point picture... there are some weird bug there.

thanks for confirming that i was going crazy thinking it was there site or my PC

Play Me

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Does these type of problems ever happen to MS consoles? (honest question)

To be fair I never saw any game in any plataform having a patch to fix the output resolution... except PC of course (but PC have opened setthings).

JoeTheBro said:

Top is 720p native. Bottom is 1080p scaled down to 720p. The aliasing problems in the first image are not in the second. If COD was 1080p on PS4 but being shown at 720p, it would be very easy to tell.

Sorry... seems like I ignored your post but that was not the case... I was using my cellphone so I can't see your pictures in the right way.

Yeap... I got what you are saying when you downscale a image you have less jaggies than a native image... I saw some test in PC games rendering internally in 4k to display/output in the native resolution of monitor (1080p or 1440p)... the tech make the image more sharper and with less jaggies than native 1080p/1440p... I think AMD showed something like recently.

The weird part is that they developed the game in 1080p... so why they messed with the config to render in 1080p? And this case is clear to be a internal config option only because I can't see any developer in the world changing a resolution of a game (you need to optimize and test all the parts of the game) in two or three days... they already have the patch working that just change the config.

I can't see too how a dev can ship a game with the lower setthing... it too weird for my biased head

Side news...

Digital Foundry is selling their own capture equipment: http://www.digitalfoundry.org/

Some kind of componente to Elgato with 1080p@60fps support... they say "the only true solution to capture 1080p in 60fps".

What a convenient egregious error :^)

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

JoeTheBro said:

Top is 720p native. Bottom is 1080p scaled down to 720p. The aliasing problems in the first image are not in the second. If COD was 1080p on PS4 but being shown at 720p, it would be very easy to tell.

Sorry... seems like I ignored your post but that was not the case... I was using my cellphone so I can't see your pictures in the right way.

Yeap... I got what you are saying when you downscale a image you have less jaggies than a native image... I saw some test in PC games rendering internally in 4k to display/output in the native resolution of monitor (1080p or 1440p)... the tech make the image more sharper and with less jaggies than native 1080p/1440p... I think AMD showed something like recently.

The weird part is that they developed the game in 1080p... so why they messed with the config to render in 1080p? And this case is clear to be a internal config option only because I can't see any developer in the world changing a resolution of a game (you need to optimize and test all the parts of the game) in two or three days... they already have the patch working that just change the config.

I can't see too how a dev can ship a game with the lower setthing... it too weird for my biased head

Yeah it's just weird. My best bet is that they were trying out a lower resolution to see if that worked better, and just a couple lines of code from that test stayed in the game. Just a silly human error that didn't get noticed.

Interesting, i can't wait to see how this turns out. Very odd thing to happen though.

So I do not really understand... How this 1080p resolution patch is supposed to fix those frame rate issues...

You said everyone one wrong but are you talking about the resolution (the SP being in 720p) or these frame rate issues that does not seem to be related to that (or fixed in the day 1 patch) ?

Because I do not think the "internet" made a really big case of the resolution (people noticed it but it was not a big deal), the frame rate drop was.

Imaginedvl said:
So I do not really understand... How this 1080p resolution patch is supposed to fix those frame rate issues...

You said everyone one wrong but are you talking about the resolution (the SP being in 720p) or these frame rate issues that does not seem to be related to that (or fixed in the day 1 patch) ?

Because I do not think the "internet" made a really big case of the resolution (people noticed it but it was not a big deal), the frame rate drop was.

Activision said the they one patch will fix the framrate issues before... and now the resolution config.

Every video in the internet about the SP was rendered in 720p and upscaled to 1080p for both consoles... only MP was running in 1080p native on PS4... the comparison was really close with the only difference being the blindness colors in Xbone version.

so this video is pretty much bullshit? how embarrasing