By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall metacritic FLOP CONFIRMED: 73 on 17 reviews

walsufnir said:
ps4tw said:
walsufnir said:
ps4tw said: If you like a game, just buy it...

But how would you know whether you like it before?

Play a demo. Still, even if there isn't a demo, listening to some dumbass spout his opinion about a game really isn't going to be of any use. The only review site I find that is half decent is eurogamer, with most others being populated by fanboys and pretentios college dropouts. 

How do you decide which reviews to trust? If they give good scores on games you like? No matter what, SF doesn't seem to be a good game in general. Of course people will like it - there are even people who like games below 70. But one has to ask himself: is this game really worth 69 euros? To me it's not and it's sad that the new attempt won't help the series to establish a new big ip besides Gran Turismo to Sony.

From bitter experience. Also, check the review. If the reviewer is all like OMG without saying what is good about the game and why, then he's a dumbass who should be ignored. If he starts harping on about some bizarre tangent, then he's a douchebag who should also be ignored. 

SF looks like it's a "good game" as in it does what it says on the tin, and well, but simply isn't anything new, which was the main problem with the last 3 years of the 7th gen, and if were lucky, won't be lasting much longer. 

Is any game worth 69 euros?? 

Around the Network

When is the title going to be updated? You're doing a poor job OP!

Here's to hoping the score system has been adjusted down for this new gen and a 75 overall means what it should mean. A pretty good game.

ninetailschris said:
Ucell said:

Actually both KZ 2 and 3 sold over 2 million units.

Killzone 2 2.91

killzone 3 2.49 

never once hit 3 . Therefor never sold more than 2 million.

I am only quoting this because it makes NO SENSE at all even if I understnad it lol.

You list two number that are both HIGHER than 2 million then say it never sold more than 2 million that is just weird lol. It would make more sense to say that they didn't break 3 million not that they never sold over 2 million.....just wanted to point that out.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

I am liking Killzone a lot, but Resogun is the shining game on PS4. It is unbelievably excellent. Here's to hoping they are planning to release level pack DLC's.  I will buy all of them.

Around the Network

I just started the campaign earlier and it is amazing so far!

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

soulfly666 said:

I am liking Killzone a lot, but Resogun is the shining game on PS4. It is unbelievably excellent. Here's to hoping they are planning to release level pack DLC's.  I will buy all of them.

Reshogun is great ._ reminds me of the games that got me into gaming

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

According to the logic of this thread,
Zoo Tycoon, Powerstar Golf, Lococycle, Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct are also "Flops" for scoring under 75 on metacritic.

Right.. seriously? whatever.

Frequency said:
Zoo Tycoon, Powerstar Golf, Lococycle, Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct are also "Flops" for scoring under 75 on metacritic.

I have no desire to play any of the games you mentioned at all

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

papamudd said:
Frequency said:

I have no desire to play any of the games you mentioned at all

that, just like a score between 60-75, does not mean theyre bad games (well, lococycle and crimson dragon maybe), but even then, were all different, a came could have 100 negative reviews and have a score average of 20, but someone, somewhere, would think it was awesome.