By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone Shadow Fall metacritic FLOP CONFIRMED: 73 on 17 reviews

People still listen to metacritic? It's just looking at what dumb ass critics say, and seeing how most rave over CoD, it's a waste of time to look at. If you like a game, just buy it...

Around the Network

the game is great for multiplayer so far, and it definitely feels like a next gen shooter! Definitely the best FPS I've played this year!

They brought pack the secondary fire attachments from the original and greatly cleaned up the controls from the previous versions. The graphics are just amazing!

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Runa216 said:
sales2099 said:

And here is where I know that I made my point when the conversation has devolved to grammer.......when I was clearly referring to context. This is a thread about a game scoring lower then the hype, and its brave defenders have only grammer and context as their weapons of choice, instead of taking it like men and learning from it. Just stop.

I know what he said, and I countered that it was invalid because the internet wasn't around that long, nor metacritic, rendering the point moot.

But you clearly didn't understand what he said.  your argument somehow hinged on the idea that he claimed to be on the internet for 25+ years, when what HE was referring to was that the term 'flop' does not refer to the quality of a piece of media.  His argument was based on the idea that, in 25 years of gaming, the term 'flop' has never been used to describe quality.  

And as for 'brave defenders', have you ever thought that maybe you're just coming across as an Xbox fanboy, attacking the game's scores and percieved inadequacies?  have you ever thought that the immediate, knee-jerk response of 'HEY LOOK AT HOW BAD THAT THING YOU LIKE IS" from the likes of you could be what CAUSED the white-knights to come to the defense of their chosen form of media?  If it wasn't for people like you, using every drop of blood as a target for your percieved enemy, then maybe we wouldn't HAVE such violent, ignorant console wars.  

Maybe, just maybe, if you didn't feel the need to be so aggressive, people wouldn't feel the need to be so defensive. 

Besides, we all know that in a week or so when Ryse and other Xbox One titles end up being grossly disappointing, it's gonna be you defending those games while people like MikeRox and others are going to be doing the same thing to you and your kind that you and your kind are doing to us. 

I may even get banned for saying so, but that's typical, predictable, and sad fanboy behaviour right there.  

No. I never claimed he said the internet was around for 25 years.....you just misunderstood my wording and my point. Even after I explain myself you give me this comment again. To reiterate again, the comment was a counter that gaming for 25 years means nothing when A. the internet wasn't around for that long, B. Neither was metacritic, and C. spoken word/slang evolves over time and he thinks it doesn't.

I never attacked the score, I openly say that 70's games are worth attention and the score shouldn't detract from the experience. What I noticed was some people being petty, and not owning up to that a bar was set critically, and the result was lower. Their primary defense? Telling me that the english language doesn't add words/slang over the course of time. Really. That just happened on this thread.

People are defensive because they feel they are obligated to defend something that belongs to a corporation they for some reason, pledged their allegiance too.

I ALSO said that I expect some X1 games to fall below hype expectations. Currently:

Forza - 90's, Ryse - 70's, Dead Rising 3 - 80's, Killer Instinct - 80's. Thats the bar that we set, and if the mets fall below, you bet your ass ill take it a hell of alot better then some people here are. Sometimes we hype too high and get disapointed. Take it like a man and move on.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I wonder why the ps4 games in metacritic have so few reviews? almost all of them have no more than 20 reviews except for call of duty. Maybe it has something to do with the release being later this month in Europe?

sales2099 said:

BLA BLA BLA... BLA BLA BLA... And more BLA BLA BLA

I find it interesting that you spend more time on the PS topics than you do on the XBO ones...

And that you can't accept that people don't use your opinion about a made up definition as theirs. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:
sales2099 said:

I find it interesting that you spend more time on the PS topics than you do on the XBO ones...

I stand up for the little guy.

Do me a favour, call me out if you find me losing it over a flopped Xbox 1 title. Now to be crystal clear, when I say flop, I mean from a critical perspective, not a sales perspective. Just want to be super clear on that.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Hynad said:
sales2099 said:

BLA BLA BLA... BLA BLA BLA... And more BLA BLA BLA

And that you can't accept that people don't use your opinion about a made up definition as theirs. 

Must I bring up how both dictionaries accomodate both our interpretations? Seriously?

lol. Think were almost done wrapping up here. Live and learn.

sales2099 said:
Hynad said:
sales2099 said:

Bla bla bla that means next to nothing.

I stand up for the little guy. And you comment says I all but made my point here :)

The way you go around what people tell you, pointing the finger at them, and coming up with made up stuff that fit your agenda... Ludicrous.
People have been clear about what they see as a flop. You think a game flops if it scores lower than expected in metacritics. But any way you want to spin it, a 74% average isn't a "complete failure". A disappointment, sure, not a failure. Your attempts at countering that, on the other end, do fail.

Hynad said:
sales2099 said:

I stand up for the little guy. And you comment says I all but made my point here :)

The way you go around what people tell you, pointing the finger at them, and coming up with made up stuff that fit your agenda... Ludicrous.
People have been clear about what they see as a flop. You think a game flops if it scores lower than expected in metacritics. But any way you want to spin it, a 74% average isn't a "complete failure". A disappointment, sure, not a failure. Your attempts at countering that, on the other end, do fail.

I am clearly not the only person on vgchartz who uses the word to define a critical context. But even so......you keep falling into the trap that you are deflecting from you at your core, trying to save face for a video game.

Never said it was a failure. Pay attention. I like 70's games. It is however, below what most expectations were....in the 80's.  Doesn't detract from its quality. I've countered you on every possible level, just learn from this and predict better/take the disapointments better. Correcting my usage of words only hurts your case.

sales2099 said:
Hynad said:
sales2099 said:

I am clearly not the only person on vgchartz who uses the word to define a critical context. But even so......you keep falling into the trap that you are deflecting from you at your core, trying to save face for a video game.

Never said it was a failure. Pay attention. I like 70's games. It is however, below what most expectations were....in the 80's.  Doesn't detract from its quality. I've countered you on every possible level, just learn from this and predict better/take the disapointments better. Correcting my usage of words only hurts your case.

Stubbornly misusing it hurts yours. Since that's not what the word means, even by the definition you're using.